My K04 hybrid powered MK2 Cupra Sport track slag (it's now left the building)

roly

midnightmotors.net
Jan 2, 2002
Midnight Motors Workshop
Finally it's running!!

Well it's been an emmotional week but at last the ibiza is back up and running.

After lots off messing around by me and sorting out new intercooler, fuel pump etc it was booked into JBS on wednesday for Custom Code phase 3

I got there bright and early that morning and swapped a couple of bits over that they'd requested for the mapping, once they'd opened left the keys and went for a stroll.

Well to cut a long story short it turned out the k04 i had fitted wasn't very well and started belching out alot of white smoke during the mapping, now being 200+ miles from home meant for me to replace it would have been a prob.

After alot of time deciding i opted to let JBS supply and fit a new turbo, problem being they couldn't get me a k04 quick enough but did offer me a JBS05 instead (more money than the k04 but it gives me scope for future tunning without having to change the turbo again)

Friday came and i went to pick the car up, after going for an eventfull test drive with Kev (which involved getting pulled for no front number plate and speeding :doh: ) i was finally on my way home.

Didn't get alot of chance to test it on the way home due to the usuall M1/M25 carpark but did get a blast round brands today.

It's a completly different car to drive now and is going to take some getting used to as the spool up is later on than the k03s im used to but once it gets going it just keeps on pulling.
Im not sure if i was expecting to much from it as im not convinced it's that fast compared to my old setup that Martin's now running but after a bit of playing about on the way home it deffinatly is, just means i need to learn to drive the car again.

Big thanks to Mike, Kev and James & JBS who were very helpfull and i'll deffinatly be heading back for a bit of tweaking to the map once some more mods are in place

Martin M

www.midnightmotors.net
Nov 12, 2006
Kent
As i said mate, after driving it back earlier it's definately quicker than mine! Much nicer to drive too.

I'd be pleased with it :)

roly

midnightmotors.net
Jan 2, 2002
Midnight Motors Workshop
Unknown :confused: it was live mapped on the road so never made it onto the rollers as far as i know, i would think somewhere around 280bhp but will get it on the rollers at some point and see

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
glad to hear its back ben, shame about your turbo but things like that happen for a reason, well thats what my dad says to try and prevent me from getting pi$$ed right off

roly

midnightmotors.net
Jan 2, 2002
Midnight Motors Workshop
You seemed to catch J@mes and myself up fairly quickly

Im hoping i'll be able to drive it a bit better come Donny, it's almost like driving a valver again

glad to hear its back ben, shame about your turbo but things like that happen for a reason, well thats what my dad says to try and prevent me from getting pi$$ed right off

That's what i kept telling myself, think my dad was more p1ssed off about it than me

jamiebennett81

It's a completly different car to drive now and is going to take some getting used to as the spool up is later on than the k03s im used to but once it gets going it just keeps on pulling.
Im not sure if i was expecting to much from it as im not convinced it's that fast compared to my old setup that Martin's now running but after a bit of playing about on the way home it deffinatly is, just means i need to learn to drive the car again.

Big thanks to Mike, Kev and James & JBS who were very helpfull and i'll deffinatly be heading back for a bit of tweaking to the map once some more mods are in place

Roly, sounds very similar to my Hybrid GT2x, and the scroll being slower or certianly more laggier than the k03s

and yes, it is a whole new type of driving, which I am still getting use to:D

but in a fun way.......

roly

midnightmotors.net
Jan 2, 2002
Midnight Motors Workshop
It's going to take me a bit of getting used to but will be worth it in the end.

Looking forward to a bit longer on track next time so i can get a better feel for everything.

Jan 19, 2006
fife, scotland
awesome car mate, absolutely love mk2's like yours and crezz's. my leon is in the auto trader and i'm unsure whether to go for a mk2 16valver or mk3 turbo. mmmmmmmmmm decisions decisions.

roly

midnightmotors.net
Jan 2, 2002
Midnight Motors Workshop
And the nice open lay out of Donny

Also a bit more time than 15 mins to get a feel for it all and have a proper play about

awesome car mate, absolutely love mk2's like yours and crezz's. my leon is in the auto trader and i'm unsure whether to go for a mk2 16valver or mk3 turbo. mmmmmmmmmm decisions decisions.

Thanks mate

As for which car to go for depends what your looking for as there 2 different beasts to drive, personally i've always prefered the look of the mk2, no idea why and even after owning a mk3 and saying i'd never go back to a mk2 i did (well kind of)

roly

midnightmotors.net
Jan 2, 2002
Midnight Motors Workshop
you're a nutter mate ;) ;)

coming along very nicely, but I don't think you or the car will ever come to a point where the project is 'finished' !!!! :lol:

I think your right mate, there's still so much i want to do to it but at somepoint im going to have to stop, well for a bit anyway ;)

Congrats on getting married by the way, hope all is going well for you both :)

Chrisdaman

1 gearbox dead, any more?
Mar 21, 2007
Kingston
www.flickr.com
looks sweet mr rumley, i've just taken mine off the road to get some more hardcore work done to it

where did you get your LSD from btw? and what make is it? peloquin?

roly

midnightmotors.net
Jan 2, 2002
Midnight Motors Workshop
Diff is a peloquin that i got from jabba last year when i had the k03s mapped

Cant fault the diff itself but the bolts that came with it wern't alot of kop, if you go peloquin i'd look at fitting better quality bolts

roly

midnightmotors.net
Jan 2, 2002
Midnight Motors Workshop
Finally managed to give the car a clean so thought i'd post up a few more pics, having a few issues at the moment but will hopefully have them resolved in the next week or so.

Untill then it's locked in the garage doing nothing

Picture016.jpg

Picture017.jpg

Picture019-2.jpg

Picture034-2.jpg

Picture036-1.jpg

Picture020-2.jpg