Shall I buy a Leon Cupra R or accord Type R?

lukin dappa

Jun 19, 2008
i thought it was an integra but didnt want to sound a right idiot and thought maybe it was an import or something so i take it uv brought the integra instead then

garycupratdi

Jan 28, 2004
liverpool
Visit site
Yeah only had the LCR for 2 months i found it to be quite heavy on fuel compared to my ATR.
The integra is an import only they never sold them anywhere but japan so rare as hens teeth :)

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
so you are really not impressed with the LCR...maybe if you took one round a track with better suspension, roll bars, strut brace front and rear, spacers...will it be more of a track weapon?

garycupratdi

Jan 28, 2004
liverpool
Visit site
so you are really not impressed with the LCR...maybe if you took one round a track with better suspension, roll bars, strut brace front and rear, spacers...will it be more of a track weapon?

Yeah and thats my point you don't need to do that with the ATR or the DC5 that i now have, i bought the LCR because i thought it would have been similar to my ATR ie big brakes, nice power, good looking, handles well and a good family car but for all the power i don't think the std chassis is good enough to cope it just under steers like mad and if you silly enough to lift of mid corner well there's the back end gone now i never had any handling issues with my 2 std ATR's i could out handle scooby's and thats just not possible in the leon i'm really sorry for saying this on scn but as the title suggests i was lucky enough to own both so can give an unbiased opinion i mean i really did want to like my R but it just wasn't up to the task :(

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
i have had mine understeer many times, and the people that say it handles 'on rails'...just arent pushing the car enough.....i love the car and everything, so iam upgrading everything handling wise to make it the car it should of been out the factory...your saying your ATR is brilliant straight out the box...which is true....but brand new these musta been ££££...sorry havent a clue how much, but must be more than £18000...glad you are happy with the ATR bud, but theres still stuff (im sure) left in the LCRs arsenal i.e cutting weight etc..

garycupratdi

Jan 28, 2004
liverpool
Visit site
Well the ATR was approx 21k so not that much more but i no longer have an ATR but from an unbiased view i think it's a no brainer which car is best for the more capable driver :)

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
yeh fair do's mate, get your drifty...i just feel SEAT could of done a bit more ....but it was a catch 22 situation at the time...they could of bumped the price up to £20000 (including upgrades it should of had)....but then it would of been a direct rival for the focus RS, which as we all know was a beast....do they play it safe?, and be the cheaper alternative?....or turn out a better motor than the MK4 golf R32?

garycupratdi

Jan 28, 2004
liverpool
Visit site
Yeah i know that it's a good car but it's not a great car as you've said it needs work to make it what it should have been and that annoyed me a little i mean big brembo brakes that don't work
after a couple of laps i mean i felt like a right tool.

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
yeh that is bad....so they completely gave up the ghost?...blimey, i thought the LCR would of had extensive track testing etc before launch.....tbh i have had her understeer, and i have driven other cars on track, but havent yet with the LCR....

garycupratdi

Jan 28, 2004
liverpool
Visit site
Well if you watch the video i posted earlier in the thread you will see my brakes smoking when i'm braking why i don't know but after about 6 or 7 laps of castle coombe i was coming up to the final corner at about 110 and i went for the brakes and the pedal hit the bloody floor i flippen pooed my pants and decided i was selling the car from that moment and i'm glad i did because my DC5 is running about 230bhp and it does 4-5 mpg more which is about 33-34mpg so better all round :)

lukin dappa

Jun 19, 2008
thats what i was saying u search around u getg different time because parkers was 6.7 for the 225 n 7. something for the 210 so im guessing ul be looking around the 6 mark for the 225 i like german cars though gone off fords gone off vauxhaulls a bit hondas r ok not a lover would prefer other japanese options and just love turbos finally after a shaky start with a frst lol

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
i have had a ford before, only ford i will consider..ever...is the new RS....will NEVER buy a vauxhall!....stick with VAG....anyway, at inters tis year, there were plenty of LCRs gettin good times 0-60 wise on the strip....btw...0-60 means nothing in a fwd car....its the 0-100...or 0-100-0....

SleeperService

I had an Accord type R for a year and at the moment i drive a 1.8t cupra.

Up hill , out of town the cupra is faster then the accord (and my volvo s60) . On the flat and around corners the accord would beat the cupra.

The Accord is drab and boring inside and not very much comfort. The cupra is slightly better.

The accord made me aggressive , allmost everytime i was in car i had clenched jawline and and addiction to the vtec noise, rev rev, rev ...petrol gone, got my only speeding ticket..

The cupra is more relaxed.... its a happy car, like the volvo but sometimes when people in 206, BMW, mini coopers , puntos try it on the cupra is fast enough to cope although it feels less stable at high speed then the accord did. I think the cupra R would be better in those conditions then my cupra ..

For about £440 you could ECU your cupra R an accord R would not touch it, in fact a ECU remapped cupra would put out more power at lower revs then the accord and does at least have some decent traction.

Honda was very reliable...but like i said...it may effect your driving because you do still have to rev the living daylights out of it.

... go for seat OR integra type r.

Last edited by a moderator:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise