2003 LCR - BAM or AMK ?

gb

here and there
Feb 27, 2007
portglasgow
I cant reply to his for sale thread as i dont have 10 posts yet !!

how do i PM him or cant i ?

if you say hello to some of the new members that will get you post count up then you should be able to do pm's i think;)

Jan 19, 2006
fife, scotland
alright mate, thats my car i was gonna post and mention about it but i didn't want to be forward, it is a superb car though and i'm gutted to be letting it go, i had decided to let it go as the wife was expecting , unfortunately thats not the case anymore but its still made my mind up to let it go and get a family car ( managed to persuade her that a mk2 ibiza cupra is a family car lol.) keep posting mate then you could pm me, there was a girl e-mailing me yesterday and she'll get back to me today i think. but its an absolute minter for its age.

Last edited:

B3LSY

i've heard that the 210bhp LCR hasnt got a sensor on the back of the turbo but the 225bhp LCR has is this true?

B3LSY

Lcr 210bhp/lcr 225bhp?

hi every one just heard today that on the back of a 210BHP LCR the turbo hasnt got a sensor on it,but the 225BHP turbo has got a sensor is this true?
as i have had a new turbo put on my LCR?

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
hi every one just heard today that on the back of a 210BHP LCR the turbo hasnt got a sensor on it,but the 225BHP turbo has got a sensor is this true?
as i have had a new turbo put on my LCR?

i have an AMK engine and my turbo has an egt sensor on it. Early AMK engines used ko4-022 turbo's that are identical to the latter BAM & AMK KO4-023 turbos but without the sensor. It is handy to be able to log turbo temp using vagcom when tuning though.

B3LSY

my 210bhp 02 one of the very first LCR models ex demo car,has the amk engine code with the sensor on the back of turbo but been told its a 225 engine an electrics?

Mar 18, 2003
In oncoming traffic
Visit site
Makes no real difference, wich you choose really. Having had both, from a driving point of view there is s*d all difference!!!! Only thing you notice from driving seat is mirrors and wheel, thats it, speed, grunt etc feel the same, it is only 15Bhp or less than 7.5% after all!

jonathanp

Jan 5, 2005
Coventry
unless of course you're comparing a brand new model from seat with an extra 15bhp, in which case it will leave you for dust :whistle:

BCM

Keyboard Gangster
Feb 1, 2005
Wishaw, North Lanarkshire
Not even 15bhp mate, sure its only 10bhp.
Sure the 210 was actually 212bhp and the 225 was only 222bhp.
Sure someone will either back me up or shoot me down.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.