key remote problem

jacko18

AVI! pull your socks up!
Jul 11, 2007
Oswestry
www.bebo.com
:shrug::shrug:

had a new battry put in my key fob because it ran out.

still doesnt work???

does the key need to be reprogrammed? :blink:

the seat garage said that i need a new transponder but it was working fine till a few weeks ago then they chaged the battry and nothing! [:@]

HELP PLEASE?!?!?!?!

jacko

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Try this mate ;)

turn on ignition
turn off and remove key
while holding one button press the other 3 times
then turn on ignition again

David.

JimyFloyd

Sep 13, 2004
mate have a look in the manual there's a re-coding guide in thre. Sounds like it has lost the code from teh battery renewal.

When you've done it the central locking goes a little mad and activates 2 or 3 times.

Good luck!

Adam R

Diesel ISN'T a Dirty word
Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
here are the better directions....

sit in car, close door.

1) put key in ignition and turn it so all lights come on but dont start the car!
2) turn off and remove the key (do this within a second)
3) hold down the lock button and press unlock 3 times (do this within 2 seconds of removing from the car)
4) sit there for a second then it should lock and unlock itself.
5) get out close door walk away.... and dont forget to lock it ;)

if that does not work, make sure that the LED is flashing if it is not then its time for a new fob off ebay.

Ricardo_Smooth

Powered by Apples!
Jun 26, 2007
sheffield
when i did it with the door closed the system went off its tits and locked me in the car! the alarm was going mental and it wouldnt let me pull the door pin up and use the internal handle. i had to get my dad to get the spare key and unlock it from the outside! (v.embarrasing!)

jacko18

AVI! pull your socks up!
Jul 11, 2007
Oswestry
www.bebo.com
here are the better directions....

sit in car, close door.

1) put key in ignition and turn it so all lights come on but dont start the car!
2) turn off and remove the key (do this within a second)
3) hold down the lock button and press unlock 3 times (do this within 2 seconds of removing from the car)
4) sit there for a second then it should lock and unlock itself.
5) get out close door walk away.... and dont forget to lock it

if that does not work, make sure that the LED is flashing if it is not then its time for a new fob off ebay.

MAKE SURE YOU TRY THAT 1ST PAL

ljbinks

Mar 22, 2006
south wales - pontypridd
i have got a problem with my key fob also, i changed the batteries but still same fault it works from inside the car but nothing out side tried programing it again but still the same, when you program the key make sure the buttons are facing up when you put it in the ignition other wise it wont program it, anyone have any idea on my problem?

Dec 21, 2005
London
same problem here I have two keyfobs none of them work anymore and I have tried to pair them with the car still no joy can anyone shed some light please .

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.