MK4 Brake Upgrades

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
Not all Cupras have the AP Racing brakes. They aren't road legal in alot of countries or something.

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
Ebay is your best bet for the all the parts. I recently bought calipers carriers and hoses off ebay, just need new pads and discs and i can convert! Look for people breaking Audi TTs, Octavia vRSs and Audi S3s

I believe that the standard FR hoses will be fine, if a little tight. Go for the TT hoses if they come with the conversion though

caddyrage

Nurburgringer!
Jun 26, 2008
Ellington, cambs
A lad i know stacked his mothers Leon reference sport 140TDI(57 plate i think).

Anyway, the silly boy was'nt fully covered so the wreck sits on his parents drive.

Was wondering whether the brake set up on the leon will fit my ibiza 130 sport rather than go the TT route.

i know the disc's wont work as they are the later stud pattern of 5/112

Pigeon142

May 20, 2007
Just wanting sometging cleared up getting conflicting info. Do I need just carriers or both caliper and carriers to convert Ibiza FR 1.8t to 312mm?

Sir Nodrick

Hi guys, theres a lot of good info on here if you want to go to audi TT brakes or brembos, but with regards to a simple upgrade on a disc, pad and fluid change, what standard size ibiza FR tdi discs and pads have you guys had experience with??

I have experience with brembo discs and Ferrodo DS2500 on my 350bhp nissan 200sx and skyline, but the FR is the missus's car and it will never see any track action so just a slight upgrade for fast road will be plenty for her, she doesn't need Audi TT 312mm fronts or brembos or anything like that and i certainly dont want to be worried about the back end coming out on her under heavy braking...

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
A lad i know stacked his mothers Leon reference sport 140TDI(57 plate i think).

Anyway, the silly boy was'nt fully covered so the wreck sits on his parents drive.

Was wondering whether the brake set up on the leon will fit my ibiza 130 sport rather than go the TT route.

i know the disc's wont work as they are the later stud pattern of 5/112

no as the hubs wouldnt match the holes in the disc for the wheel bolts

Ib1_FR

La VaK LoK
May 15, 2005
Guanajuato, MEX
Finally I got them.

A great upgrade.

Seat sport brembos, upgrade :funk:

dsc00469xn7.jpg

dsc00533eh5.jpg

dsc00534ny0.jpg

dsc00537ua6.jpg

2712184478_2b7a4d95a8_b.jpg

Price list: 2000 gbp.

Special price: 473 gbp :clap:

Sir Nodrick

Hi guys, theres a lot of good info on here if you want to go to audi TT brakes or brembos, but with regards to a simple upgrade on a disc, pad and fluid change, what standard size ibiza FR tdi discs and pads have you guys had experience with??

I have experience with brembo discs and Ferrodo DS2500 on my 350bhp nissan 200sx and skyline, but the FR is the missus's car and it will never see any track action so just a slight upgrade for fast road will be plenty for her, she doesn't need Audi TT 312mm fronts or brembos or anything like that and i certainly dont want to be worried about the back end coming out on her under heavy braking...

anyone??:shrug:

Gazb

Mar 6, 2007
Lisburn, Northern Ireland
It looks like the calipers are abit smaller that the AP Racing ones on the Cupra as I don't think the FR wheels fit over the AP calipers.

Also I think you can get braided hoses for the Brembo calipers unlike the AP ones which have a non standard thread.

badbill_uk

Ibiza FR 1.9tdi Hybrid
Aug 23, 2007
Gloucestershire
I had my 312mm audi TT brake upgrade fitted yesterday, OMG what a differance already and they still bedding in. really happy with them. cant wait to see what they are like when fully bedded in.