problems with lock fixing kit

chris285

leon mk1 fr tdi
Nov 26, 2004
lincoln, uk
got a lock fixing kit off ebay to sort my drivers door out, key was getting stuck in the lock and there was no spring in the lock and it just did not work

got the kit and tried to fix this afternoon, with the metal key on the end the lock seems to work fine with the key out and does not turn and moves when the key is in

but when i take this part out and put the handle back into the door, i get the spring but the lock just does not work at all

anyone got any pointers for this?

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
not got a part of the paddle stuck in the door lock itself ?

or even the lock mech itself jammed up ?

chris285

leon mk1 fr tdi
Nov 26, 2004
lincoln, uk
the lock seems to work fine when not in the door itself, the bit thats part of the kit that pits on the back of the lock will not fit in the door itself when attached so has to be removed

Stu_HR

Odd Member
Jun 9, 2005
IIRC it is possible to fit the paddle to the barrel more than 1 way which can give the wrong degree of movement to lock/unlock the mechanism. ie Everything seems to function properly when fitted but there isnt sufficient movement when turning the key to engage and/or disengage the lock. Its therefore possible the paddle is not in the correct position when refitting to the door. Also, I found it easier to unbolt the lock mechanism, refit the handle and manouevre the mechanism into place over the paddle.

Last edited:

roly

midnightmotors.net
Jan 2, 2002
Midnight Motors Workshop
Another thought, is it the right paddle ?? there different sizes depending on how many doors the car has

3 door uses a short paddle, 5 door uses a longer one

Stu_HR

Odd Member
Jun 9, 2005
Not sure we're on the same wavelength here as its the paddle that attaches to the back of the lock barrel that turns the lock mechanism! Therefore, if you remove it, there is no connection between the lock and the mechanism and turning the key in the lock will not have any effect.

chris285

leon mk1 fr tdi
Nov 26, 2004
lincoln, uk

roly

midnightmotors.net
Jan 2, 2002
Midnight Motors Workshop
Sounds like you've got the wrong kit

Check the key blade for the key type AH (earlier style) uses the paddle in your 2nd link

HAA (later type) uses the paddle in the 1st link

I'd recommend getting in contact with your local dealer they "should" supply you the right parts once they've got your reg/chassis and they'll be cheaper than the ebay prices aswell

chris285

leon mk1 fr tdi
Nov 26, 2004
lincoln, uk
mine is the 3dr, cheers roly for your help

now i know what i need to do it will be 5mins when i get it sorted

edit - i assume there was no paddle on the original lock, as there was not one when i removed the handle as i could try using the same one again in that case

Last edited:

roly

midnightmotors.net
Jan 2, 2002
Midnight Motors Workshop
Personally i'd replace everything as it's only a few quid (the old paddle is prob in the bottom of the door)

Part numbers and Seat's terms as follows

6K3837223A excentric (paddle)
6N0837313 lock washer
6N0837634 bearing
6N0837229A pressure spring
6N0837238A driver

That little lot should set you back £9.13 including vat if my prices are right

sambo19

sambo
Oct 20, 2006
worcester
ok then... another q to this. just fitted mine but even tho the doors unlock and all that stuff, when u open the door to get in the alarm doesnt go off but wen u have driven and then stopped and opened the door agen it goes off??? wot the hells goin on there?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.