Forum maintenance upgrade - 02/09/08

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
By the way I've changed the online offline graphics to something more in your face.

Thanks for the messages of support, they make it worthwhile when sometimes we feel like giving it up. As I've said it'll take some time to settle down, and we can't please everyone on every front and frankly we won't even try to.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
just caught my eye that too

i notice the main page the icons as such (small boxes) red/white/black stand out too looks great

H8T WP

Ok, im a webdesigner and do some VB skin making etc.. and have some comments...

The whole INNER forum needs padding.. its touches the edges and isnt how the theme applied is meant to be...

its harder to browse threads

its harder to determin who has posted what

too much empty space at bottom of page (footer template)

header too large.. loose the search bar and put it next to logout in line with the nav bar.

more suggestions to come once above has been taken on board

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)

The whole INNER forum needs padding.. its touches the edges and isnt how the theme applied is meant to be...
Yep! agree.

its harder to browse threads
I did think that too .. i think its the huge white spaces and the large text font makes it difficult

its harder to determin who has posted what
Not had an issue with that.

too much empty space at bottom of page (footer template)
Yep.

header too large.. loose the search bar and put it next to logout in line with the nav bar.
Yep..

To add my own, if the whole forum thread is stretched to full page width, then the menu bar (black bar below logo and on bottom of the site.) with the "user list" "CP" "FAQ" etc.etc. should be at least centered on the page... it seems its set to the left which nothing else is so looks out of place.

The Mann

Apr 24, 2002
Visit site
Is there a way to make it use a plain skin like the old forum for work safe usage? I liked how it looked very plain with the old skin and sigs/avatars turned off. Anyway to make that available again please?

Darren-74

Hadn't signed in for a couple of days and it's all changed, thiught I was on a different forum LOL
Like the new look a lot, nice work!

mixupz

Just call me Rash-MIX
Oct 5, 2007
Dirty South East London
i like the online off line thing :D how about for the MK1,mk2,mk3,mk4 etc altea sections instead of having the mk2 leon icon have the actual model? so people who dont know what each model looks like they look like?

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester

1-The whole INNER forum needs padding.. its touches the edges and isnt how the theme applied is meant to be...

2-its harder to browse threads

3-its harder to determin who has posted what

4-too much empty space at bottom of page (footer template)

5-header too large.. loose the search bar and put it next to logout in line with the nav bar.

more suggestions to come once above has been taken on board

1- i quite like it like that as i use safari a lot and looks more modern- gotta move with the times ;)

2-had a little more practice with it but i find it easier especially with the darker section bars but it does seem a few signatures need tidying up - might move mine to the right hand side instead

3-same as before large text and avatar and description etc ?

4- mines full up ? what browser you using ? dont forget each bar has closeable sections so might need a tweak or two

5- seems ok here size wise and search is repeated between new posts/quick links as well i think it was added on to see if anyone would use it for a change

must admit it might be because i use safari (looks crisper) + firefox (not as pretty) and i rarely use full wide screen as i like havin all mine floating to hand at a click but gotta admit a great start and it's working fine so far :):)

i have found the multi quote system and groups are both nice additions though works well and in the new posts page i liek the green icons to go straight to last post - saves opening and doing after too using tab browsing

gimme a shout on msn - we'll swap screenshots as yours sounds way different to mine ?

Last edited:

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
i like the online off line thing :D how about for the MK1,mk2,mk3,mk4 etc altea sections instead of having the mk2 leon icon have the actual model? so people who dont know what each model looks like they look like?

Far too complicated would require lots of re-coding its not just a case of placing a graphic, as all those graphics have to indicate something. They have to light up when there are new posts, go grey when there are non, lock when sub-sections are shut to posting etc.

No doubt it could probably be done with time and know how, but sadly we neither have the time or the available know how to do such a task.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.