Donations Page

ross p

Back at last....
Jul 13, 2007
Glasgow
www.firstrespondernm.co.uk
Hi Guys/Girls,

As it has already been mentioned, noone is really wanting the forum to turn into paid membership

But what I was thinking was having a Donations page set up, so that people can have the choice either to give money to help with server upgrades, server hire etc.

Just like the recent upgrade which has happend to the forum.

I for one would gladly give, as I know and understand what the costs are like for these as i am involved in I.T. like alot of other members.

A couple of other forums have got this set up and as far as i kow it is very sucessfull.

One of these are:

http://forum.astraownersnetwork.co.uk/misc.php?do=donate

(link may not work as i think you may have to be a registered member to access this)

Just a thought, will be interesting to see the replies:)

Ross

Last edited:

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Thanks for the comment. But really it isn't something we aim to do with SCN. We just don't believe the model works that well. SCN's immediate future is pretty solid and we are not struggling. :)

We plan ahead and we have a enough financial security and capital to weather most problems. Don't get me wrong we are not swimming in cash and SCN has never been about profit in anyway. But we are not about to run out of money.

Mat

fancy lending me a few £££ then Z so i can get some new bits for the cupra :D

Donations would be ok, but like you said, you probably don't need them. I guess that's where the Sponsorship/Advertising money comes in handy :)

Saul

<b>SCN Admin</b>
May 21, 2001
no money thanks, as Z says, if it ever reaches the point its financially unviable (and i dont see that happening as we are well supported by our bestest sponsors) we would just flick the switch to off

thanks for the thought though :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise