MK4 Brake Upgrades

Pigeon142

May 20, 2007
Fitted my 312mm brakes with ds2500 pads. The pedal was slightly spongy before and still is even after bleeding. It firms up when I need to stop but does not really bite at the very top, is this normal on all Ibiza's?

badbill_uk

Ibiza FR 1.9tdi Hybrid
Aug 23, 2007
Gloucestershire
Fitted my 312mm brakes with ds2500 pads. The pedal was slightly spongy before and still is even after bleeding. It firms up when I need to stop but does not really bite at the very top, is this normal on all Ibiza's?

Mine come in very slightly when you tap pedal which is good for town breaking but when you push it not quite half way it bites really good and get stonger the harder you push. you wouldnt want sharp breaks straight away else you be pulling cars out your arse every five mins lol

Sir Nodrick

Hi guys, theres a lot of good info on here if you want to go to audi TT brakes or brembos, but with regards to a simple upgrade on a disc, pad and fluid change, what standard size ibiza FR tdi discs and pads have you guys had experience with??

I have experience with brembo discs and Ferrodo DS2500 on my 350bhp nissan 200sx and skyline, but the FR is the missus's car and it will never see any track action so just a slight upgrade for fast road will be plenty for her, she doesn't need Audi TT 312mm fronts or brembos or anything like that and i certainly dont want to be worried about the back end coming out on her under heavy braking...

hey thanks guys... lot of help you lot have been...:doh:

orange

Jun 9, 2006
Although not a 350bhp car, I believe braking is always a nice upgrade to make to each car. With that in mind, and with OEM setup, I would go for Goodridge brake lines, Motul RBF600 brake fluid and some good pads, Ferodo Racing DS2500, EBC RED, OMP 971c,... something like that. Braking is greatly improved.

Cheers

scottp

Hi,

On a PD100, I know you need to change the hubs, but do any other than the PD130 and VRs Diesel fit? Such as the 1.8t 20v Ibiza?

There doesn't seem to be many VRs and PD130 hubs knocking about!

Thanks!

perikolos

Hi,
Has anyone tried the XYZ Front 6 Pot - 303mm - Brake Kit? It seams to fit on Ibitza 6L minimum 16" wheel....

Thank you

gus

Jun 27, 2006
hi would the cupra r 02 leon brake callipers fit under the octavia rims and would they fit onto the 312mm discs???

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
I all, i have read through the post but haven't found a definitive answer as the best & cheapest place to buy the 312mm brake conversion. Can anyone help me? Getting the car mapped soon, so need some extra stopping power for all that go power :D

badbill_uk

Ibiza FR 1.9tdi Hybrid
Aug 23, 2007
Gloucestershire
i got mine from ebay mate, got the discs and pads from one seller and calipers and carriers from another. I just kept checking every day till i found one listed.

badbill_uk

Ibiza FR 1.9tdi Hybrid
Aug 23, 2007
Gloucestershire
i paid £75 for my discs and pads, they dont squeek at all. work fine under heavey breaking to no fade. no juddering. really happy with them. they arrived in original mintex box in perfect new condition. The discs and pads came as a BOX set so they are standard mintex TT pads. dont get much break dust either. prob bit less than standard setup pads.