Bonnet bra

AaronGS

Jan 8, 2007
Lancashire
Need a bit of help...
I have a bonnet bra for my mk3 cupra. Fits nice and snug but for the life of me I cannot get the bonnet to close fully when its on - so can't use it:(.
I have tried and tried. It is fouling the outermost rubber supports at the front of the bonnet and hence not shutting properly.
Is there something I am doing wrong?:blink:

Cheers

aaron

Mat

ask ian_cupra

I know he gives his some gental persuasion (sp) when he closes his ;)

AaronGS

Jan 8, 2007
Lancashire
Cheers Mat

I will try some again! Starting to look a bit odd though in the street the number of times I have put it on, closed bonnet, slammed bonnet, shoved bonnet, taken bra off and gone back inside :whistle:

deanrankin85

Nov 28, 2006
Stoke-On-Trent
hi mate, the way i get mine to close is to screw the rubber bungs right in that are on either side of the bonnet and drop the bonnet from a little height, and mine shuts fine! :)

AaronGS

Jan 8, 2007
Lancashire
I was trying to avoid cutting it:rolleyes:
I did get in contact with Tom and autobra - he said that he had had no other issues with fitment, must me cos everyone else just made it work:doh:

Cheers guys and I may end up cutting some little holes.

Aaron

Mar 16, 2007
SouthWales
JUST SLAM it like mine .. and dont leave it on for to long i left mine on for 3days and its bubbled all my freaking paint where it was! soo its a perminant fixture there now

Mar 16, 2007
SouthWales
hmmm strange aint it my paintwork is mint aswell realli confused about it! and dont know what to do! its basically got a pink outline where the bonnet bra was gutted

Mar 16, 2007
SouthWales
well i was away on a tour for 3days and just left it on the drive forgot 2 take it off. yer the its laquar thats changed the colour of it started peeling in the corner to .. probs need a new bonnet

Mat

got mine today, and fitted it quickly this mornin.

Didn't get chance to got holes in it, but I will do, just to make it close a little easier.

I have one concern.......

The "belt/strap" thing. Seems like common sense that this goes UNDER the bonnet. However, I'm not liking the fact that it may be a bit to close to the manifold. I assume it's not when it's closed. Would that be correct?

Also, the two little "hooks" on the pieces of rope, I attached/hooked them into two little slots under tha bonnet. Is this correct? I don't fancy leaving them there (sorry for sounding anal) because I don't wanna scratch the underside of the bonnet.

So, does anyone have pics of how theirs is fitted?

Cheers

BTW: Thanks Autobra :thumbup:

pj1985

1.8T Power
Oct 31, 2006
Hampshire/Surrey
I thought the same about the belt/strap. Obviously tie up any extra left over from the adjustment so it doesnt hang on the engine. I checked mine quite alot and there seemed to be no effect and my bay gets HOT! For the little hooks I put a small piece of tape over the edge where they hook on. Mines off the car now as I have headlight eyebrows and they dont go great together. Prob sell it soon.

Mat

so you've done the same with your hooks? put them in the slots? i used the 2 horizonal slots at the bottom of the bonnet (bottem when bonnet is open - or closest point to windscreen when closed ;))

DSC00433.jpg

thoses 2 horizontal slats at teh bottom of the pic

ian_cupra

mat, near where the bonnet hinge is, there are 2 holes, i use them to put the longer thread with hooks on, the short one, goes in the middle slot on the bonnet,

i think the strap is close to the inlet manifold, but i tuck the excess into the neares hole in the bonnet, just to keep it out the way

Mat

sweet, cheers bud.

got the shorter on where you mentioned. Think i'll move the 2 longer ones. Maybe wrap in tape to reduce scratching :D

ian_cupra

yeah good idea, no worries though mate

hows the car going anyway? still lovin it? saw your msn saying you needed more power :lol:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.