what should next buy be?

diesel power!

Apr 1, 2008
hi all
at the moment my cars in at NORTECH getting fmic and stainless intercooler pipes made and a decatt on my fr tdi. ive had it remapped and hopfully the guy at NORTECH recons its should be between 180 and 190bhp by the time hes finished doing whats hes doing, just wondered what my next buy should be I.E clutch etc.. and how much stuff is??
thanks lewis

T. Spark

Id say the next step is taking onto the RR to see theose figures mate. However without information on mods you already have, I cant tell you what to get next. Remember more bhp doesnt always mean faster. What brakes and handling mods have you already got if any? Or do you just have a remap and soon to be FMIC and exhaust?

diesel power!

Apr 1, 2008
i got remap about 2 month ago and im having fmic and dcat done now. will this create a problem?? ive got coilovers and standered brakes (which are s**t hot) and soon to get new alloys next month alot wider than standered and some decent tyres

hon_n_gem

Candy White K1
Mar 22, 2006
Kent
www.auto-tuner.co.uk
Ild go for a new clutch, I used to love my low down torque but if I floor it from 2k it WILL slip the clutch! So deep in the back of my mind I know I cant floor it til ive past 2.5k

T. Spark

So you want more power on standard 288mm brakes? Your a nutter!! lol.

I wouldnt have kept the standard 288mm brakes on standard power!

markthommo_84

Sep 10, 2006
England
you cant possibly say the standard brakes are s:censored:hot!!

i had the garage put new discs and pads put on mine when i bought it cos they were looking a bit low, and even with 4 new sets of brakes, 2 new front tyres and 2 fairly new rear tyres i'm not confident at all that it will stop at roundabouts if im approaching too quickly

it wobbles side to side under hard braking and I really dont see why the FR doesnt have Cupra brakes as standard

Mar 8, 2007
The standard brakes are adeqaute if just going for a mild remap -

**** hot they are NOT

I've got 312mm brakes on now and they deffo are **** HOT

Jul 23, 2008
Manchester - UNITED
Yeah the 312mm setup is really good, you can put m on hard at 100+ (private road) and its dead stable, brakes straight, and as my mate said at weekend "it feels like my skull is coming out through my face" :D ;)

diesel power!

Apr 1, 2008
yeah get the idea lol im used to my old mk3 polo brakes where your flying down a road a a car pulls out and you have to use both feet and your passangers feet and the handbrake to slow down from 30mph. how much are bigger brakes or can you get 288mm brakes with like a 4 pot caliper?? and how much are clutches??

EdButler

Apr 24, 2005
Sheffield
Make it brake, make it handle, make it more powerful... In that order. It'll also make your insurance company happier as it actually looks like you know what you're doing!

312mm brakes will also fit with smaller offset wheels than the 288's so don't make their size an excuse - their footprint is smaller! My old car needed 3mm spacers with 288's but didn't need any with the 312mm callipers and carriers. Neither will fit under 15" rims.

T. Spark

On a side note, Ed I think its time you took Sweep off your avvy! lol

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members