Mk5 Golf GTTDI: now and the future

RocketGTTDI

Yeah only thing I was going to mention was a few mm's lower and it would be a minter... now the looks are sorted, just need the go faster bits mate :D

going on rollers today for power run with and without Bluefin as I don't think its putting out what it should be, so I'll post them later

T. Spark

Thats what he is going to find out ;)

Its the GT model, believe its a 140 unit if memory serves, so should be 140bhp standard, and then around 175bhp with the bluefin thingy

creason

Mar 25, 2008
175 bhp is good, I assume it will have not far off 200 lb/ft torque as well then as it's a diesel ?

Sounds good to me !

RocketGTTDI

Looks good mate!

You know what power it's got yet then ?

I'm not a happy bunny!!!:censored:
Had the rolling road figures come out, and:
without Bluefin installed = 155bhp & 252lb/ft torque (this is with a Green replacement filter)
WITH Bluefin installed = 168bhp & 268lb/ft torque!!!!

According to the Superchips website (http://www.superchips.co.uk/models.php) should be about:
185bhp & 307lb/ft

Sent pdf files to them via email and await there response! [:@]

RocketGTTDI

well Powerstation have the same rollers at Superchips apparantly, so might have to go to Superchips to get it looked at

T. Spark

Thing is they could just change the settings to say it is warmer than it is, so it cals the power more than it is etc etc u wanna look at vag-com logs for boost etc imho. However if your not happy with it, ask for a refund and get a remap that is known to work?

RocketGTTDI

Thing is they could just change the settings to say it is warmer than it is, so it cals the power more than it is etc etc u wanna look at vag-com logs for boost etc imho. However if your not happy with it, ask for a refund and get a remap that is known to work?

I'm hoping to hook up with someone with vagcom very soon, maybe tonight to check it out. The thing is that the standard power is spot on if not slightly more, so surely in effect with the correct map on it this should be right too? Am i right or wrong? When doing the rollers the other day the temp on the screen read 15-16°c, so it was cool enough! If I got a refund then what are the best other options: Revo, Custom Code?

RocketGTTDI

had vagcom on the car and there were a few errors! they've been cleared now to see if they come up again in a few days...wonder if it'll make any difference to the map?!

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Love the car and all the little details, i'm quite for the black rear badge.

I'm currently saving up for an early MK5 Golf GT 140 but i would like the 4 Motion model so when i remap i should be able to make the most of the power. It'll be a couple of years away but seeing how yours has turned out will make it worth it.

RocketGTTDI

cheers cupra kid :)
she's not finished yet though, if I can they'll be a few more things to do to her yet before next summers events, need more power!! lol