I couldn't have chosen a better stereo for my Leon!!

ChrisMansell

Sep 4, 2008
I love this stereo almost as much as I love the car itself!!

ALL the steering wheel controls still work perfectly and it comes with a little extra remote

4x50w output (pretty much standard nowadays)
3 pre-outs (inc one for a sub - with adjustable volume)
Ipod/Bluetooth/DAB (choose one costly extra) input
front AUX and USB input

comments appreciated :D

n663820790_1848074_8130.jpg

n663820790_1848076_160.jpg

n663820790_1848075_9177.jpg

n663820790_1848077_1104.jpg

flashp

Jul 1, 2008
That looks good!
I'm just thinking of going for something like this. Would you say that the sound quality has improved at all? I assume you've retained the stock speakers?

Cheers.

BlackMagicLeon

Jun 11, 2008
Hampshire
Nice - looks good!

Questions as above plus does it have rear AUX input or just the one on the front? And presumably you had to use an ISO adapter cable?

ChrisMansell

Sep 4, 2008
1p2 858 063 N87 is the part number I used, so I don't know what you'd get with the part number you said NickP.

You also need to buy extra clips to make it fit. I didn't know this and Hot glue-gunned it in place, it's perfectly flush with the rest of the dash, yet will come out with some force . . .

Had to buy an Iso adapter or whatever from Autoleads for about £50 just for the speakers to work and to get power etc (although you COULD wire it yourself - I don't see the point) and it's only like £6 to get the steering controls cable.

This headunit has 3 RCA outputs, usb and AUX in the front. It has an input in the back which can be used for DAB/Ipod/Bluetooth, and you can buy an adapter that plugs into this socket which is just a stereo jack on the other end (therefore making it an aditional AUX input in the back)

The stock speakers also sound MUCH better, although with all standards, when you turn it up with any bass on, it just farts and rattles like sh!t . . . gettin a 12" 1200W Sony Xplod sub in on Saturday though so that should top it off nicely.

Hope that's answered all your questions . . .

Just incase you wanted all costs:
Headunit: about £130
Fascia: £8
Stereo adapter £50
Steering control adapter £6
Ariel adapter about £10-15 can't remember

NickP

Apr 23, 2003
Colchester, Essex
Visit site
1p2 858 063 N87 is the part number I used, so I don't know what you'd get with the part number you said NickP.

You also need to buy extra clips to make it fit. I didn't know this and Hot glue-gunned it in place, it's perfectly flush with the rest of the dash, yet will come out with some force . . .

Had to buy an Iso adapter or whatever from Autoleads for about £50 just for the speakers to work and to get power etc (although you COULD wire it yourself - I don't see the point) and it's only like £6 to get the steering controls cable.

This headunit has 3 RCA outputs, usb and AUX in the front. It has an input in the back which can be used for DAB/Ipod/Bluetooth, and you can buy an adapter that plugs into this socket which is just a stereo jack on the other end (therefore making it an aditional AUX input in the back)

The stock speakers also sound MUCH better, although with all standards, when you turn it up with any bass on, it just farts and rattles like sh!t . . . gettin a 12" 1200W Sony Xplod sub in on Saturday though so that should top it off nicely.

Stereo adapter £50

Ah, my part no was for the Sat Nav suround which look slightly different

IMG_5097-vi.jpg

Dec 15, 2007
South East London

Stereo adapter £50

After spending all that on the head unit and getting a sub too I would seriously consider upgrading the door speakers as well....

ChrisMansell

Sep 4, 2008
ye, that's probably my next step but I've spent A LOT recently and I think I'll be able to cope with them for a good few months. How much would I be lookin at to replace all the door speakers?

Dec 15, 2007
South East London
ye, that's probably my next step but I've spent A LOT recently and I think I'll be able to cope with them for a good few months. How much would I be lookin at to replace all the door speakers?
I got a very good set of 4 pioneer ones for £100 + £30 to fit them.... if you have a sub you might get away with just changing the front 2 and turning down the back ones.... ?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.