Jenk's mk4 Ibiza Soot machine! (Time to bid farewell)

T. Spark

Nice warm up/cool down laps Jenk, see your chat with Ed might have helped :)

Ed had it RR'd when he had it mate, have a look on Awesome's website for power me thinks.

Feb 20, 2005
Telford ay it...
He had it RR'd with the tuning box thing didnt he?

Yeah, Ed said to keep the revs up, tryed short shifting a few times but it went better using the range

Last lap was a flying lap, did I look that slow? :happy:

old 'uns

Modern Life is Rubbish...
Mar 20, 2003
walsall
Visit site
He had it RR'd with the tuning box thing didnt he?

Yeah, Ed said to keep the revs up, tryed short shifting a few times but it went better using the range

Last lap was a flying lap, did I look that slow? :happy:

don't panic, video always looks slow compared to seeing it live

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
Car looks awesome going around the track....sounds pretty cool too. What exhaust set up have you got?

Feb 20, 2005
Telford ay it...
I was happy with my time and I was improving considerably all day, every lap quicker than the last.......thats always a positive sign :)

Exhaust...Its just the classic chop the backbox out jobbie, only silencer in there is the cat. When the sound man shoved his thing up my tailpipe he awarded me with his first 3 figure decibel car of the day :happy:

T. Spark

I was happy with my time and I was improving considerably all day, every lap quicker than the last.......thats always a positive sign :)

Exhaust...Its just the classic chop the backbox out jobbie, only silencer in there is the cat. When the sound man shoved his thing up my tailpipe he awarded me with his first 3 figure decibel car of the day :happy:

Really?! That loud? Mine hit 101dB with a piece of pipe and nothing else!

Feb 20, 2005
Telford ay it...
He said something was resonating up there, told me a baffle must have been loose but I pointed out there is no baffles......unless the the cat has something rattling around? or the man got it wrong and its just a noisy begger :shrug:

T. Spark

He said something was resonating up there, told me a baffle must have been loose but I pointed out there is no baffles......unless the the cat has something rattling around? or the man got it wrong and its just a noisy begger :shrug:

So how loud did he say it was?

MDS

Marco
Dec 10, 2006
Subtly Sooty ...... [B)]

Nice going... They never look half as fast from the outside...

Bet it must´ve been fun...

Feb 20, 2005
Telford ay it...
Took all my intercooler pipework off yesterday to inspect and give it a good clean.......shocked to how much oil gets in there. Deffinatly need a catch can, cant be great for it. Also did a bodge temp fix on the pipe that goes into the egr, the clips buggered so the pipe doesnt sit in very tight. Two cable ties and its tight as you like......egr is actually serving a purpose now :)

T. Spark

Took all my intercooler pipework off yesterday to inspect and give it a good clean.......shocked to how much oil gets in there. Deffinatly need a catch can, cant be great for it. Also did a bodge temp fix on the pipe that goes into the egr, the clips buggered so the pipe doesnt sit in very tight. Two cable ties and its tight as you like......egr is actually serving a purpose now :)

We want pics of the cable ties ;)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members