Had Full Milltek fitted rolling road results

badbill_uk

Ibiza FR 1.9tdi Hybrid
Aug 23, 2007
Gloucestershire
I went to p-torque who did my stage 1 remap (Will is top guy) and had a rolling road before and after i had a milltek sports cat and full non-resinated twin jet system fitted. Here is the results I was a bit surprised. Thought i would have more power. it feels quicker and pulls better. Red line is with stage 1 p-torque map and milltek fitted. Blue line is standard exhaust with just p-torque stage 1.

18092008216.jpg

Yella Beeza

Now which way?
Jun 4, 2007
Edinburgh
Up on torque (300lbft is pretty good) - but with or without the Milltek, the torque seems to tail off quite markedly with the remap after the peak around 2500rpm. Should it not have dropped rather more gradually? Depends what the map is designed to do though

RossIBIZATDI

RossTDI
Dec 26, 2007
That's wired, why would the power drop slightly?!? Could it not just be a dodgy reading on the dyno? I'm getting the Milltek non-res next week. Worth it??

badbill_uk

Ibiza FR 1.9tdi Hybrid
Aug 23, 2007
Gloucestershire
when it had been fitted he took it for quick blast down the road and then straight onto rollers so could be cause it was hot. when first one was done the car had been sitting for 10 mins or so with engine off. To me the car does deff feel quicker and throttle responce is alot better. if you own a 130pd you will know that when your in high gear and slow down then boot it , it takes a second or two to wind back up. well with full system it winds up alot quicker. also i noticed the noise from the turbo is louder you can hear it winding up and down and slight psst sound. I am happy with it. I have noticed that the tailpipe doesnt stick out as far as standard one, i went for the twin jet backbox. i thought this was only a problem for the cupra's ??? I will try get a picture up to show you what i mean.

Mar 8, 2007
My 04 Fabia VRS ran 145bhp and 238lb ft on the standard map with a decat 2.5" exhaust and pipercross panel filter, pd160.

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
Dyno`s will always read slightly different power on runs even on the same day. Sorry to tell you mate but you where robbed if you payed for a sports cat as diesels don`t need a cat and Milltek even sale downpipes without CAT`s fitted so you wasted a lot of cash on that. All you have gained by fitting the Milltek system is a more free flow back box which is why the power comes on quicker but that doesn`t always mean you have a lot more top end power. It`s a lot like fitting a panel filter which helps slightly to quicken acceleration but doesn`t add to any top end power.

warren_cox

Back from the dead
Over the years I've had different exhausts fitted with mixed results.

I had a blue flame full system fitted to a Mk2 Golf, and whilst it felt less restricted when running at higher top speeds it felt like I had loss some mid range urgency which meant that if I was not absolutely on it the car felt slower at town speeds.

On my Stage 2 LCR I had a full Milltek system (inc. 100 cell race cats). It wasn't cheap, and because I didn't have the budget to change the manifold on the same visit (I'd paid for Revo + Stage 2, plus full milltek, plus dogbone and shortshift in one visit), the differences were subtle to say the least. The Milltek is a beautiful product, and far superior to the SEAT OE unit when compared directly. However as a larger bore exhaust has less back pressure you can feel like where you've gained in some respects you've lost in others.

On balance, from experience, if I was building a super modified car from scratch I'd go with an exhuast system. However in reality I wouldn't change it in future unless I took this appraoch OR it needed changing anyway becuase the OE had rusted away. I know some people running near on 400bhp+ in MK2 Golf Rallye's with stock exhausts and although they know the exhaust system makes a difference, their tests have proved that even at that level its as much about the soundtrack as it is about outright performance. Obviously if it is the next logical approach in an upgrade path then go for it, but TBH I'd rather spend £1k on coilovers in the short term.

Last edited:

Gazb

Mar 6, 2007
Lisburn, Northern Ireland
I'm probably wrong but doesn't the cat on a diesel stop the smoke smelling real bad?
Anyone who's been near a remapped diesel with a straight through exhaust knows what I mean by smelling bad.

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
I'm probably wrong but doesn't the cat on a diesel stop the smoke smelling real bad?
Anyone who's been near a remapped diesel with a straight through exhaust knows what I mean by smelling bad.

Nope it's a particulate filter only and isn't 'active' and as such has no sensors to tie it into the engine management.

depresion

Dec 14, 2005
Looking at the dyno graph it's showwing only a couple of bhp difference at the top but it's showing a couple more from 1500rpm through 2500rpm so the turbo is spooling quicker so it will feel quicker to drive.

I don't like the look of the plots though rather linier with a couple of abrupt changes compared to:

sherratt1.jpg

Where the lower plot is whp and the upper torque at the wheels, you seem to hit peak torque then drop off with out holding it.

badbill_uk

Ibiza FR 1.9tdi Hybrid
Aug 23, 2007
Gloucestershire
has your car been remapped?? Thanks for the graph looks good mate. yeah my car seems to go into rocket mode straight away really pulls well then seems to back off tiny bit. might get my map looked at.

depresion

Dec 14, 2005
The Graph I posted was a Stage 1 map on an FR (mapped befor Miltek but run with it).

Devon are you not able to get to 4500 rpm? Or did your power scare Awesome off?

EdButler

Apr 24, 2005
Sheffield
All it has done is slightly speed up spool time due to lower back pressure - almost a waste of time to fit performance exhausts on Diesels that arent 'heavily' modified. :(

Mike, is that even remotely drivable under 2.5k rpm!?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.