RNS-E will it fit?

jay87

May 4, 2007
just a quicky, does anybody know if the audi RNS-E will fit in the new leon?

as i prefer the look of these over MFD2's or 3

Thanks people!

jay87

May 4, 2007
are they different sizes? or different plugs? thanks for the reply

flakmunky

Olympic Knitting Champion
Aug 23, 2005
Marmitehampton
HAving retrofitted an MFD2 to my Leon and now an RNS-E to my A4 I can say categorically that the 'plugs' are not different. It uses the same Quadlok connector. The pin outs may be different but that isn't a problem.

What would be the biggest problem would be modifying the faceplate to fit.

I also doubt whether the Seat Bluetooth would integrate correctly with the RNS-E... I know of at least one Audi owner who tried to fit a Skoda BT unit and had no joy...

Having said all of that the RNS-E has a very nice GUI and is a fantastic device... The only thing it doesn't have is the hdd that the MFD3 has...

Last edited:

jay87

May 4, 2007
ok so for a leon im going to need a sat nav out of a a3?

also how big is the front panel size difference of the mfd2 to the rns-e? as im not sure about how id get round altering the face panel which seat do for the leon with sat nav?

flakmunky

Olympic Knitting Champion
Aug 23, 2005
Marmitehampton
You will be able to recode an A4 to an A3. Before buying I would look on www.navplus.us as there is one member who has fitted an RNS-E to a Leon Mk1...

I would really look in to this before buying.

On another note, just to encourage you to do your research I just enabled the Speech Dialogue System on mine which now lets me control the nav, radio, phone and cd via voice. e.g. "Specify Town... M-A-R-M-I-T-E-H-A-M-P-T-O-N.... Specify Street.... A-R-M-P-I-T-T R-O-A-D... Start Route Guidance... Show Map... Zoom In..." or "Play station Radio 1". This is a very easy hack to do and works really well.

When the Exeo comes along all of this will be very relevant...

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.