Increasing the power on a Ibiza Cupra Tdi

oilburninnut

my fabia is running a jabba map,only 175bhp but 346ft lbs of torque,all through the standard turbo,been like that for about 12 mths now,no problems yet........fingures crossed,water meth injection should see more,we will see how it goes

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
my fabia is running a jabba map,only 175bhp but 346ft lbs of torque,all through the standard turbo,been like that for about 12 mths now,no problems yet........fingures crossed,water meth injection should see more,we will see how it goes

Don`t think you will see much more with water meth. If i was you i would put the money towards a proper hybrid turbo and get 230+ bhp which you will never get with your tiny turbo. Hope you realise that you could very quickly fry your turbo if you run out of water meth unless you keep two maps unless you drive very slowly when you run out of water meth.

oilburninnut

Don`t think you will see much more with water meth. If i was you i would put the money towards a proper hybrid turbo and get 230+ bhp which you will never get with your tiny turbo. Hope you realise that you could very quickly fry your turbo if you run out of water meth unless you keep two maps unless you drive very slowly when you run out of water meth.
just having problems sourcing a big enough front mount at the mo,may have cracked it now,but i am after way more than the average hybrid,these things are just taking more time than i imagined,but thanks for the advice:D

Jamesemt

Oct 10, 2004
Hull
Some people do tend to not run their cars in properly from new as they believe the engines are already bench ran in...they maybe but other parts are not. I believe the first 1k could be what decides how long the clutch survives maybe ?

Nah don't agree. I was doing an indicated 120 mph with 8 miles on the clock. I had it remapped when it had done 130 miles - and have thrashed it senseless every day since. The car has 23k miles on it now and not a hint of the clutch slipping...yet.

I believe that the secret to long engine life is getting the oil warm before thrashing it - and plenty of oil changes.

T. Spark

Nah don't agree. I was doing an indicated 120 mph with 8 miles on the clock. I had it remapped when it had done 130 miles - and have thrashed it senseless every day since. The car has 23k miles on it now and not a hint of the clutch slipping...yet.

I believe that the secret to long engine life is getting the oil warm before thrashing it - and plenty of oil changes.

Not sure how warm the oil would have been after 8 miles on the clock from new :confused:

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
Don't think i'd be doing 120mph with 8 miles on clock.

A new engine needs metal to metal contact to scuff the bore walls. This ensures the engine oil can penetrate the scuff marks and avoid bore glazing.

Mar 30, 2008
Edinburgh
pardon me, but i recall several well know tuners including jabba who recommend uprating a clutch for over 300ft/Ib torque on a 1.9tdi cupra or fr.

The standard clutch is rated at 300ft/Ib anyway so some tuners will tweak the re-map to produce just less than 300 or the other option of uprating the clutch can be used.

Personally i'd uprate the clutch for that extra piece of mind as running the clutch close to it's limits is not fun.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.