nak

May 13, 2006
All good mate, like the dials and the clip on youtube, well done, looks smart

kewe

Jun 20, 2001
Edinburgh
Visit site
Well today the new dials arrived.

The warning lights area has been changed to black which should look better. The fact the numbers and markings are not filled-in looks pretty pants. Anyway i still think they will look bad at night as before:-

I think I will send the template to skewer and see if they can make up something better.

nak

May 13, 2006
Kewe i thank you for the time and effort you have put in with these white dials and just to give all, who visit this thread, a good idea, whether it is for them or not, well done

kewe

Jun 20, 2001
Edinburgh
Visit site
Kewe i thank you for the time and effort you have put in with these white dials and just to give all, who visit this thread, a good idea, whether it is for them or not, well done

Cheers mate :thumbup:

Well if it saves one more person wasting money on the e-bay versions then it has achieved something.

The next route I am exploring is to talk with people like Skewer and Tachodesign / HEIZ.
I know for sure from talking with Mook at skewer that they don't have anything for our cars. I am hoping to work with him in developing something nice and befitting our interiors.
If the quality is as good as I hope then we can see if anyone would be interested in a group buy at a later day.

Watch this space [B)]

daz_cymru

Leon Divotee
Jul 13, 2008
north wales
Well today the new dials arrived.

The warning lights area has been changed to black which should look better. The fact the numbers and markings are not filled-in looks pretty pants. Anyway i still think they will look bad at night as before:-

i bought these dials about 5 minutes before finding this thread and thought well what a waste of money that was and when they arrived it didnt look too good so i fitted them and they looked horrible with the warning lights like that and worse still i couldnt see any of the lights including main beam and indicators so i decided to customize them so i cut out the indicators, the warning lights, the main beam indicator and that one at the top and put the original dials behind the white ones and i think it looks good.....the numbers are abit dimmer at night but you can see them and also its just the numbers that light up not the whole thing :D so in the end im happy

100508150140.jpg

daz

rk696

Aug 16, 2007
West Yorkshire
i bought these dials about 5 minutes before finding this thread and thought well what a waste of money that was and when they arrived it didnt look too good so i fitted them and they looked horrible with the warning lights like that and worse still i couldnt see any of the lights including main beam and indicators so i decided to customize them so i cut out the indicators, the warning lights, the main beam indicator and that one at the top and put the original dials behind the white ones and i think it looks good.....the numbers are abit dimmer at night but you can see them and also its just the numbers that light up not the whole thing :D so in the end im happy

100508150140.jpg

daz

Do you have any piccies?

If it looks OK, I've just been paid so, opportunities await!![B)]

daz_cymru

Leon Divotee
Jul 13, 2008
north wales
the bottom one is the only pic ive got atm....but before you buy the numbers are dim at night but i can live with it but just incase you cant

daz_cymru

Leon Divotee
Jul 13, 2008
north wales
there all leds so i suppose you could but it would be very tedious....one idea i had was to cut out the numbers and dashes out of the old dials that are behind but i havnt got round to this yet

daz

Sam20v

Nov 8, 2003
Dubai UAE
Visit site
And you say that like it's a bad thing!! :lol:

Hahaha its just the point of moddifying in my mind is to be unique...but they are such a good car and there are so many of them around now that it is inevitable that we would all do the same things.....
does make them look any less brilliant i might add.....
i am waiting with baited breath for the EXEO to come here....dare i say it...i may get rid of the Kia!!!!! (shame it wasnt available sooner!!!)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.