Milltek OR Mufflerectomy?

RossIBIZATDI

RossTDI
Dec 26, 2007
I wanted the Milltek for the sound. If a mufflerectomy sounds the same I might try and find somewhere that will do it. Just seems a bit of a faf getting a garage to do it.

T. Spark

I wanted the Milltek for the sound. If a mufflerectomy sounds the same I might try and find somewhere that will do it. Just seems a bit of a faf getting a garage to do it.

Its not a long job and ive heard people get quotes starting at £50 for the work, fitted and with tip!? How can spending £500 on something be worth it when you can get it for sooo much less!

RossIBIZATDI

RossTDI
Dec 26, 2007
I definitely agree! I will ring around a load of garages until I get someone who can do it for pretty cheap. I take it well known garages don't do this I.e Kwikfit etc..

It's just the back box that gets chopped right?

jamesmacc

Mar 6, 2008
would my tdi fr run ok with a 3" turbo back de-cat with small back box,was guna go for 2.5" but i want it kinda loud

RossIBIZATDI

RossTDI
Dec 26, 2007
I spoke with Awesome today and they recommended the Milltek so I might just get that as then I can always put the standard one back on if selling.

Also, when people refer to the "full" milltek system what do they mean? I've heard one on youtube and it sounds mint!

T. Spark

I spoke with Awesome today and they recommended the Milltek so I might just get that as then I can always put the standard one back on if selling.

Also, when people refer to the "full" milltek system what do they mean? I've heard one on youtube and it sounds mint!

Awesome arent going to recommend anything else, as they wont make any money? They are a business there to make money.

You can get a custom one made, again for alot less and always put the standard one back on when/if selling.

RossIBIZATDI

RossTDI
Dec 26, 2007
Ok think I will sit on the exhaust now lol. Instead I'll get a lowering kit. Perhaps the Weitec kit as recommended by Sarah @ awesome as can only really go to £300 (gf is buying). Sorry to go off topic but is a 30mm drop enough?

T. Spark

Ok think I will sit on the exhaust now lol. Instead I'll get a lowering kit. Perhaps the Weitec kit as recommended by Sarah @ awesome as can only really go to £300 (gf is buying). Sorry to go off topic but is a 30mm drop enough?

I personally would say if your wanting to go for looks 30mm wont cut it. I whent for around 40-50mm on the front, and around 70-80mm rear and its JUST about right

Mr_Dave

lnk cr b82rez 2g4!
Aug 8, 2007
Cheshire
Care to be a little more insightful than not at all...?

Not sure how much extra is, but it looks a decent amount more - Had an adaptor with it to change the bore size.. Just not a clue what size it is.. Lowering is probably the better, but the idea of a full exhaust system is much more appealing than a mufflerectomy to me! .. Lowering first though, definately!

RossIBIZATDI

RossTDI
Dec 26, 2007
Lol there's so much stuff to choose from. Wish it wasn't my birthday next month! Keep getting different ideas on what to get for the car. Are there kits that lower that much? Or would I need coilovers?

T. Spark

Lol there's so much stuff to choose from. Wish it wasn't my birthday next month! Keep getting different ideas on what to get for the car. Are there kits that lower that much? Or would I need coilovers?

Honestly mate, if you only have aroun £300 why not get a custom exhaust for that :)

Dec 5, 2007
Kilmarnock, Ayrshire

It's annoying isn't it!

When people refer to the manifold is that the downpipe?

Also is our cat in the downpipe aswell?

Edit: got a link to the £300 suspension

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise