Ipod in a leon fr

bubbles1986

Sep 23, 2008
Northern Ireland
have a small problem i picked the car up at the weekend and it says it comes with an ipod connecter so hunting about for it i would it under the driver seat. So it was a usb port so i got my ipod cable outta the house and connected the ipod up and it came up on the ipod connected just like it would if you stuck it in your pc. Only thing is the cd player wont pick it up!

Can any shed some light on this?

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
It sounds like you have the USB port rather than iPod connector as the iPod plugs straight into the socket without a lead.

I've not seen the USB connector but maybe it can't read the iPod file format. I know that if I use an MP3 CD it really means MP3 and not other formats.

I think it is using the iPod as a mass storage device rather than an iPod so I would try sticking some MP3's on as files and see if it can pick those up.

Dec 15, 2007
South East London
The f550 on the Seat site says MP3 compatible stereo and USB connection so looks like you will have to get a cheap USB stick, to be honest the iPod connection is no better anyway...

floridafil

Jun 27, 2008
North East
Hi
I have the FR550 and had the same problem. I tried all ways to get the ipod to work, as you say it showed on the ipod that it was connected but couldn't get it to play through the system. I then tried a generic Mp3 player, same again.

THEN I loaded some Mp3 tracks to a memory card and connected it to the socket via a card reader and hey presto it worked.
No track data (Album, Artist or Track names) is shown though, so you need a good memory.

A USB stick works just the same.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
cheers for the advice guys i mite just load a whole lot on tunes on to a mp3 disk seems like the easy way out lol

The functionality of the MP3 disc player is better than the iPod and USB connection anyway. At least you get track names and more than 5 folders.

Dec 15, 2007
South East London
You can get DVD-RW from pretty much anywhere even poundland I think.... thats what I use obviously as they are re-usable... I only use them to transfer onto my hard drive in the car anyway :p

Just make sure that whatever computer software you use to create them makes a Data DVD not an MP3 one, that way you will have no problems!

Dec 15, 2007
South East London
how did u get a hard drive into the motor :drool:

In the Sat-Nav... only 20GB but more than enough given that it has a DVD player too which plays DVD-RWs :p

Im trying to justify getting an (expensive) adapter that plugs in the back and allows you to connect a USB enclosure for another HD so then the world is my lobster! I got about 500GB of music so I will have to plan trips well in advance to decide what to listen too :whistle:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise