Custom Code or Revo?

jacko_86

Hiphopopotamus
Mar 4, 2008
Thinkin about gettin my car mapped and I'm currently thinkin CC or Revo. CC are cheaper yet I've heard the Revo map has a bit more of a dramatic power delivery vs the smooth CC map.

Anyone got any recommendations from experience before I waste my money?;)

Much appreciated in advance!

Red Rum

Using "the fuel of Satan"
Jun 29, 2007
Durham
I went for Revo,as i like been nailed to the seat rather than gently pushed into it. Im happy with revo atm and like its aggressiveness. Had a go witha cc phase 2 fabia the other day and it was even all the way. Both side by side.

T. Spark

I went for Revo,as i like been nailed to the seat rather than gently pushed into it. Im happy with revo atm and like its aggressiveness. Had a go witha cc phase 2 fabia the other day and it was even all the way. Both side by side.

So the heavier 5 door fabia kept up? ;)

Red Rum

Jun 29, 2007
Durham
Yeah, but considering it had fmic, uprated clutch, full through miltec, panel filter, pd160 intake, tt brakes and uprated arbs and bushes and a map to 190bhp (custom code), of which i have none, i dont think i did to bad holding him off, especially round the twisties;)

jacko_86

Hiphopopotamus
Mar 4, 2008
Red Rum, where you gettin your kick of torque with the Revo then? Was swaying towards the Revo personally as I'd like to know where I've spent my money. The custom code map doesn't seem like it would offer a great deal when I feel like having a laugh and putting my foot down.

Cheers for the comments!:)

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
Red Rum, where you gettin your kick of torque with the Revo then? Was swaying towards the Revo personally as I'd like to know where I've spent my money. The custom code map doesn't seem like it would offer a great deal when I feel like having a laugh and putting my foot down.

id get some rides in a cc mapped car before judging.

Mr_Dave

lnk cr b82rez 2g4!
Aug 8, 2007
Cheshire
CC map is spot on for all styles of driving IMO.

The lines are so smooth, too...

amphlett.jpg

4ndyLeon

Jan 14, 2008
Picked my 08 Leon 1.9tdi 105bhp from JBS on staurday lunch and the performance gain is fantastic.

Before the remap I would struggle to get any real acceleration through any gear, now I have plenty of power through each gear with slightly more lag but the pro's outweigh any con's by miles.

Very smooth curve with no real spikes to red line. MPG suppose to improve but to be honest Im still enjoying the extra power for now so prob not fair to say its higher than before map.

Can only comment on CC, but very very happy customer :)

helms

Console Race Car Driver
Jan 30, 2005
Basingstoke
im having same thoughts with my LCR, i had CC on my ibiza and loved it. But tempted to try a Revo.
Might try a trial, but no one round here does Revo :(

Red Rum

Jun 29, 2007
Durham

The torque is there from about 1500- 1600 revs, right through to 4000 which i where i always change when giving it big-uns. Peak torque will probs be about 2500 - 3000. A mate of mine said it was like getting hit in the chest with a sledge hammer flooring it in 2nd and 3rd from 2000 revs:D i cant comment on the other maps as Revo is the only one ive had, and i like it.

andycupra

status subject to change
The torque is there from about 1500- 1600 revs, right through to 4000 which i where i always change when giving it big-uns. Peak torque will probs be about 2500 - 3000. A mate of mine said it was like getting hit in the chest with a sledge hammer flooring it in 2nd and 3rd from 2000 revs:D i cant comment on the other maps as Revo is the only one ive had, and i like it.

for some people, dumping a load of torque in a big lump is just a pain which makes it difficult to drive anything other than very sedately or full on.
on the other hand some love being hit with sledge hammer...

Saul

<b>SCN Admin</b>
May 21, 2001
you can adjust the delivery of the boost to a degree under revo using an select plus (and also cc using custom settings)

T. Spark

Yeah, but considering it had fmic, uprated clutch, full through miltec, panel filter, pd160 intake, tt brakes and uprated arbs and bushes and a map to 190bhp (custom code), of which i have none, i dont think i did to bad holding him off, especially round the twisties;)

Ohh, so more weight from the FMIC and pipes, more weight from the arbs, and the tt brakes weight ALOT more aswell ;) haha.

I know what your saying however, a C-C P2 PD130 wont have 190bhp, more like 180bhp IMHO and if your running 170bhp, and lets say 50KG's less weight, and your both moving, do you really expected it to pull away?

I had a play against Mat @ SWS new cupra MK3 petrol meant to be running 190bhp, and at high speeds, with me having a passenger, so coming in at around 150KG's more, I was barely catching him even after me having 100lb.ft more and over 30bhp more. People forget how more bhp doesnt always mean super faster.

The only thing I can say is C-C is a damn load cheaper, if you a laptop you can turn it off etc urself, which inturn means you dont have to pay for SPS jobbies making it EVEN cheaper again, and, and ive yet to see/hear of ANY Revo'd PD130 running under 15 second 1/4 times. Now to me that means the smoother map has a better delivery of both bhp and torque, and inturn makes it faster.

So question is do you want to pay more, lots more to go slower?

jacko_86

Hiphopopotamus
Mar 4, 2008
Lol. Nice replies, this is gunna require more thought I think. I thought you could turn any map on and off with VAGCOM?:shrug:

Fordy_FR

Oct 19, 2006
Gateshead
Lol. Nice replies, this is gunna require more thought I think. I thought you could turn any map on and off with VAGCOM?:shrug:

Not that I know of, all the other switchable ones I looked at needed you to buy extra hardware. Why not get a REVO trial and see what you think?

jacko_86

Hiphopopotamus
Mar 4, 2008
I heard that Revo don't offer trials on turbo-diesels for some reason? Correct me if I'm wrong.:confused:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.