Votes: 26 11.0%
  • Black surround - debadged

Votes: 118 50.0%

• Total voters

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
Yeh theyve sold a long time ago bud. enquired about them a few months back.
Cheers for the heads up though

Dammit! sorry! :redface:

:lol: Nice one:lol:

Dude you coming to p torque at the end of the month?;)

I dont know buddy. I doubt it because I think they're on about organising a Stage 2 remap group buy which will be what I'm after to make the most of my FMIC and decat.

Looking good! Hows the handling holding up? I think a track day is in order :D

Pfffffffft! Not against your big turbo! :lol: Yeh handling's better now! Just getting used to it and fine tweaking it! :D

;) haha! What i meant is you'd rather have new than second hand even though it's practically the same thing. That's what I'd do....

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
Few more pics - not brilliant but I just gave it a clean in work, first time since lowered so just thought I'd properly show it off.

Only taken on my phone and not very central but you get the idea....

Photo0072.jpg

Photo0073.jpg

Photo0074.jpg

Nice to see the Mk5 rides as high as the MK4! :D

Photo0075.jpg

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
Sorry to ask a noob question :headhurt:...How do you know when it's level? do you have to count the threads on the strut?

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
Sorry to ask a noob question :headhurt:...How do you know when it's level? do you have to count the threads on the strut?

There's several ways of doing it - you can either measure the thread on the adjusters and set it to the same all round, you can just count the number of threads or you can do what I'm gonna do and that's put a tape measure from the bottom of the wheel to the top of the wheel arch and measure the same all the way round. I thought it would've clicked or something before I understood coilovers but you just go by the thread.

The drivers side on mine before coilovers always used to be lower so i'm gonna level it out so it's all level. :D

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
looks sweet mate :D

Cheers fella! Found a new dent in it today! :cry: Proper annoyed but hey ho..... can't do much about it. Just under the moulding on the drivers door, not taken any paint off but it's just like a little ding and now I know it's there i can see it ALL the time! :cry:

Wonder if it happened when my coilovers were fitted cos it certainly hasn't been there long at all....

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
[:@] I hate door dings! got a couple on my car which really annoy me. If it's below the door moulding I don't reckon another car door could have done it (unless it was a caterham:lol:)

I'd think it could have come from a trolley jack...

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
[:@] I hate door dings! got a couple on my car which really annoy me. If it's below the door moulding I don't reckon another car door could have done it (unless it was a caterham:lol:)

I'd think it could have come from a trolley jack...

Or the door being opened onto something which CERTAINLY wasn't me....

It doesnt look like a door ding - just a little circle but it's creased all the metal around it. Literally if it were 2mm higher I'd have been alright cos i could've got a new moudling. But it's not. :(

CHR15B

May 5, 2005
Scotland
You could try the hairdryer and compressed air trick Ash that might work - worked a treat on my Polo a couple of years ago! ;)

DazWood

W60DY D
Mar 30, 2008
Hartlepool
You could try the hairdryer and compressed air trick Ash that might work - worked a treat on my Polo a couple of years ago! ;)

Explain more please :D, iv got a little T**T of a door ding right under my passenger side handle, about the size of a 5p. Id love to get that out.

CHR15B

May 5, 2005
Scotland
Basically have a can of compressed air at the ready, warm up the dink slightly with a hair dryer so it goes warm and not too hot, then spray the compressed air straight on it.

Takes it from a point of heat, to a point of cold quickly and the reaction in the metal can pop out the dink ... it's a touch and go thing but it did work on my Polo!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miNykNl-0NM

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
looks like a paintless dent repair job i had a couple done on mne works a mirracle and you cant see how hard you look where it was!

I think it could be. Just found out today that the wheels have been marked too.... [:@]

Got the coilovers fitted for £40, comes back with a dent in the door and a wheel that needs respraying in my ideal world....

Annoyed to say the least.

Basically have a can of compressed air at the ready, warm up the dink slightly with a hair dryer so it goes warm and not too hot, then spray the compressed air straight on it.

Takes it from a point of heat, to a point of cold quickly and the reaction in the metal can pop out the dink ... it's a touch and go thing but it did work on my Polo!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miNykNl-0NM

I can imagine what you're on about......heating it will stretch the metal - go too made with heat and you'll make big dents! :lol: Done it a few times in work taking stickers off van panels.....heat it up and then "BOWWWWWW" panel goes in. But it should be ok on cars - they're not as flimsy as van side panels. :) I dont think that'll work in my situtation though as it's too near the moulding and it could f**k the paint up on the moulding. :(

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.