Vancouver
www.andyblackmoredesign.com
like so LOL!
389060784_SU24g-O.jpg

Cupra Iain

PSN : Jebus_1979
Feb 2, 2005
Cheltenham
Although i'm disappointed in SEAT for showing a huge lack of imagination with the Exeo, it does make very good sense. The B7 A4 is still a very good car, and when spec'd up (as i'm sure SEAT will do) it would make a good alternative to Vectra's/Mondeos for fleet companies if the price is right.
It's a very clever move from VAG to continue to sell the B7 under a different brand whilst still raking in sales from the B8 - and obviously there's been minimal R&D costs for the car.

I think they will be hard pushed to shift them once the Insignia is launched though, i saw it at the motor show and that is a very nice motor.

Rather concerned about how the resale value of my A4 will be affected once there are used Exeo's available too...

I wonder if there'll be a sudden massive market for A4 bumpers, grilles and bootlids once the Exeo is launched too - there may be some 09 plate B7 Audi's knocking about next year...

Leonidas

What's trapezoidal link rear suspension. Is it better than the Leon's?

Stuart83

Jan 2, 2007
Tamworth, Midlands
Some of the pictures I've seen look a bit shoddy, but I must admit on that microsite it does look very very nice.

If it looks like that in the flesh then I think it may turn out to be a winner.... cheaper than an A4 or Passat but looks nicer, and is basically an old shape A4, which IMO was the best looking one so far.

Skisbp

Some of the pictures I've seen look a bit shoddy, but I must admit on that microsite it does look very very nice.

If it looks like that in the flesh then I think it may turn out to be a winner.... cheaper than an A4 or Passat but looks nicer, and is basically an old shape A4, which IMO was the best looking one so far.

Sorry have to go with the 1st Gen. A4 if you're looking for the best looking one... Just like if you asked most people what the best looking Bora/Jetta was they'd answer MkIV...:doh:

Jonno

Back to the Seat fold
May 3, 2002
Nottinghamshire
Visit site
I don't think It's too bad

Hi all

I will be looking to "upsize" from my Leon and I think the Exeo exterior looks ok and the inside does also.

I think the interior is a step up from the acres of hard creaky plastic in the Leon/Altea/Toledo. The dash in my Mark 1 Leon never creaked and that was based on an A3 dash.

Just think, you're getting an Audi A4 for Seat money, plus hopefully more gizmos as standard than were offered on the A4.

I definitely think it looks better than the present Mondeo with all it's plasticky chrome bling and shiny silver effect low rent plastic interior.

Let's give it some support!:clap:

Jonno

Comedy Si

Great.

An old-style Audi A4 with the new Ibiza's ugly headlamps and the bootlid of the old Cordoba.
:shrug:

Thanks VAG - the Skoda brand could handle the drab Superb. I thought SEAT was about "emocion", not parts bin specials. I've seen more handsome creations from the Koreans.

This is probably going to set a record as the least successful small executive car ever, and bring the popularity of the Leon et al down with it. Unless the motorsport pullout and recession hasn't already killed them that is.

shockingly bad. do they really think this will sell? this is probably the worst effort apart from the saabaru for the USA folks....

VAG clearly have no interest in SEAT at all, Skoda is the lead brand in that segment, they can sell those and are investing in them. if i were anywhere near SEAT right now i'd be severly p1ssed...

sorry guys, last one out put out the lights...

EmDee

Omnishambolic
Mixed emotions from me... I love the idea of a SEAT saloon, hell I might even end up buying one - but the first time I saw it I thought I'd clicked the wrong link because it looked like a B7 Audi (it was rear 3/4 view). Just had another look at the pics and from the front 3/4 it kinda looks like the old - dare I say it - *cough*Vectra*cough*
Disappointed would be an understatement, particularly since the motorsport pullout.
I'm no marketing executive, but it looks like the branding is going backwards - and they were doing so well up to and including the bocanegra.

bobmcgod

Jan 22, 2007
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaybe and it's just a thought but they might have pulled out of the btcc with the leon to replace it with one of these? Can we hope?

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaybe and it's just a thought but they might have pulled out of the btcc with the leon to replace it with one of these? Can we hope?

Yes, I beat you to that one in another thread! If enough people suggest this it might happen(?!?!) as this platform?, being Audi, will have been used already in one of the European series already - and as I said already it gives Seat a jump start to supplying into this market sector. That would tie up with JP & DT etc not saying what they are doing next year, I'd rather somone else filled JP's (Seat) seat though - maybe someone like the current Cupra Cup Champion!! Hmmmmmmm!

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise