To Buy or to repair/upgrade?!?

Do I sell or repair/upgrade?

• Sell

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Skisbp

:whistle:Hi All,
Thanx for visiting my thread!
I own a 2004 Ibiza Sport 1.4 16v 100hp in Grey... As yet unmodified:redface:. I've owned it from new now with nearly 92k kilometers. As of late I've been considering swapping it in for something new... Yet other than regular maintenance I haven't had the need for much if any other work on it{some brake servo sensor that was replaced 2wice under warr. & then 1nce since at the expense of 30ish pounds} even this I'm convinced is only because Seat went cheap not including anything more than Velcro to secure it from riding up under the pedals...

Well I wondering what list of preventive maintenance/upgrades you'd'll recommend along with & to include in my 60k mile service?
I'll start the list with what occurs to me at the moment:

Oil & Filter change with VAG-spec. Synthetic as it's been done from the start every 10k miles.

K&N Air filtercharger(or equivalent?)

Fuel filter(any performance ones out there?)

Pollen filter(any point in using anything other than Vag-OEM?)

Spark-Plugs(please make recommendations?)

Timing/Cam belt change(any performance gains to be made by pulley size change along the lines of what I recall VW-GTI owners do to the 2.0...)

Rear Wishbone Lower Control-Arm Bushings(upgrade to Cupra solid Bush been sorely needing this for some time now...)

Other wishbone bushes as needed(or full set of Power-Flex?)

Anti-Roll-Bar(inspect & if need be replace with the one off the Fabia vRS including new bushings poss. Power-Flex?)

Strut-Brace(Front &/or Rear???)

Lower Control arm brace(?)

Rear ARB (?)

Clutch:headhurt:(Any recommended alternative to OEM?){likely a good idea to change my gearbox oil at the same time...}

Brakes Full set with new Rotors this time(not sure if I might squeak another 10k or more out of um, Yet let me know what I should be looking to get? poss. something cross-drilled???)

poss. Shocks & Struts(yet coilies might be a little to rich for my blood?)

Tires (won't need my 3rd set till 120k kilometers:p)

Center-Sunvisor, Sunglass-Holder, & Center-Arm-Rest (if I can find um cheap poss.@a breakers...)

Right-Rear-Seatbelt(if I can get the dealer to do under warr. as I've noticed some slight fraying of late...){25th anniversary VW Golf GTI ones would looks the dogs bullocks with their red piping:drool:!!!}

Anyone still with me have anything to add to my laundry-list?
Anyone wish to take a crack at Part#'s?
Or poss. even book time on each repair/serv.?

TIA for all your input!!!:funk:

Feb 28, 2008
Scotland
i had a k&n airfilter in but tane it out for now to see if there is a difference with fuel consuption, but even if there is i think i'll put it back in because i love the sound it gives, recomended if u want a nice sound

Skisbp

i had a k&n airfilter in but tane it out for now to see if there is a difference with fuel consuption, but even if there is i think i'll put it back in because i love the sound it gives, recomended if u want a nice sound

Please let me know if you notice any difference in the fuel consumption?!?

& Thanx for being the 1st to chime in.:)

Thought with as many that have at least glanced at the post more would have left some feedback. Even with as long-winded as I can get!!!:redface:

Feb 28, 2008
Scotland
yeh was a long post u gave, maybe some got bored reading lol, but yeah get the mods going and i will make a new post about the fuel consumption with the kit once i finish the test, shouldnt be 2 long now, about 1/4 and a bit tank left with kit off, kit on test is done.....cye bud

Skisbp

Well the clutch finally went last night on the way home! With 95,830km.

Heading down to the garage this morning before they open as the tow guy after taking him 5hrs to to get me there dropped me blocking their bay door... Story to come.

Long & short of it, Any recommendation of other useful things to do while the car's apart? Clutch, Timing, Rear wishbone bushes are getting done beyond that please list away...

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.