How much would you pay for mine?

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
So ive decided to sell after ive sorted the gearbox problem on mine.

Ive decided to sell for a few reasons really,

a) I want somthing abit more comfortable ( although im not sure the next car im looking at will be)

b) Im fed up with throwing X amount of money into cars.

c) Ive been wanting new car for a while.

d) Ill be moving out around this time next year so wanted somthing abit more special and abit more up market.

While your here throw in your ideas with what car you may buy with 8.5 - 9k

Im pretty much set on getting a NA VX220 or if i can find a bargain turbo that needs some paint etc.. that would be a huge bonus.

Heres my spec list along with a couple of pics ;)

Cars coverd just 43k with FSH, cambelt and waterpump done at 39k along with 40k service, 2 new good year eagle F1`s.

8months tax and 11months MOT.

Engine

K03s Turbo
Miltek 2.5" Downpipe with 100cell racecat
Miltek Cat back system
Forge Front Mounted Intercooler
Kinetic High flow Manifold
Intake insulator gasket
Jetex open cone with 100mm cold air feed
Forge TIP
ECS race N75 Vavle
Forge polished 007p dumpvalve
Monster modz polished catch tank.
N249 bypass completed with N112 valves removed and resistors installed.
Revo stg2 map, settings set at HB9 T9 with 5.25deg of timing added via lemmiwinks.

Currently running 231bhp 263ft/lbs

Suspension and braking

FK silverline coilovers
15mm eibach rear spacer
Seat Sport front strut brace
312mm discs with 4 pot willwood supa-lite calipers

Interior

Nomad twin piller pod
Autometer phantom oil and boost gauges
Short shifter kit with richbrook slant top gear knob

Exterior
Bumpstrips de - textured and sprayed Flash red
LCR Splitter de-textured and sprayed in gloss black
Pug 207 stumpy ariel
Wheels finished in Mitsubishi graphite grey pearlescent

Engine Bling

Polished seat sport strut brace
Polished alarm sensor bracket
Polished Charge pipe
Polished Rocker cover
Polished inlet manifold
Polished battery cover
Polished washer bottle cover
Polished Header tank
Polished strut caps
Polished Forge Oil cap
Ford Focus polished brake reservoir cap
All vac hoses replaced with blue silicone hosing
Cam belt cover sprayed gloss black
Thorttle body sprayed gloss black.

IMGP0391.jpg

IMGP0399.jpg

IMGP0326.jpg

Cheers

Last edited:

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
what an awesome looking engine bay mate. Looks great!

shame you're selling but I get where you're coming from. When you get your gearbox sorted this is a real minter to buy.

Myki da Pyki

Jul 15, 2007
Bristol
www.facebook.com
Never thought id see the day you stuck a thread like this up but i guess it was going to happen eventually mate.

Id say you'd be looking at sticking it up at £6500 and take no less than £6200 for it

I noticed the other day that the Type R Civics have come right down in price so theres a good option for speed,handling and comfort for you mate

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
Gotta say I just looked up the NA VX220 becuase had no idea what it was, but sorry that is not an upgrade. car looks like **** and its a vauxhaul man! don't do it!!

with the money you got to spare buy something else.

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Gotta say I just looked up the NA VX220 becuase had no idea what it was, but sorry that is not an upgrade. car looks like **** and its a vauxhaul man! don't do it!!

with the money you got to spare buy something else.

car looks like **** = Thats only your opinion.

Its a vauxhall = Dont be a badge snob :p Also uses alot of parts from the astra VXR which from what i have read are pretty reliable.

not an upgrade, Examples of an upgrade then please..

I know myki i didnt think id want to part either but its had its few niggles in the last couple of months and to be honest ive lost all interest in it and dont really want to throw X amount of cash into it to make it quicker but still have the same harsh ride and cupra niggles.

Civic type R is outta the question every chav and his dog has one these days plus i need somthing about as quick as my ibiza.

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
Civic type R is outta the question every chav and his dog has one these days plus i need somthing about as quick as my ibiza.

pmsl

as for my reply, yes its my opinion, but you asked for it ;)

upgrade, yeah its difficult. If I were to sell my cupra think pretty much the only car that would replace it would be an evo.

The thing is I would really only want another turbo'd car...

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Your opinion is welcomed :p

I to have also looked at evos either a 6 or 7 but im not sure id cope with the running costs let alone the repair bills!

Idealy id like a VX220 Turbo due to the fact of the standard specs and its just as easy to tune as the ibiza, in the future if i decided to start throwing my money away again lol.

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
The Elises seem to be holding there money very well if i went for one of those id be looking at a older model with highish milage from what i have been reading.

Daz, if im lucky enough at the time i have the cash in my hand to find a tubby that needs abit of work in my price range id have no quibbles snatching it up.

Oct 2, 2006
Hi mate just my 2ps worth, the VX220 is a cracking car it has basically the same chassis and suspension components/setup as the elise, I know as i build the chassiss. Also the engines are reliable as long as they have been maintained and also cheap as to service too, as you already know the turbo or VXR are the ones to go for really but dont be put off by the N/A one either.

Also I think its quite difficult to replace the performance of a modified Cupra with out spending quite a bit of cash.All the best with the sale of your car if thats what you decide to do, its up there with being one of the nicest examples on this forum.

Myki da Pyki

Jul 15, 2007
Bristol
www.facebook.com
I did race a VX220 in the Cupra and he was on my ass the whole way, was at top end tho. But just like reuvers said, its a Vauxhall! lol

Im only a little guy aswel remember and ive got big car now lol.

Have you any other cars in mind other than the VX?

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
I did race a VX220 in the Cupra and he was on my ass the whole way, was at top end tho. But just like reuvers said, its a Vauxhall! lol

Im only a little guy aswel remember and ive got big car now lol.

Have you any other cars in mind other than the VX?

Your a bigger boy than me :lol:

It is a vauxhall but a lotus underneth kind of like our seats get a good rep from being a VW underneth ;)

Not to sure on other cars to be honest i think ive gone through the whole listings on PH and to be honest theres not alot that id want instead of the ibiza.

But what have caught my eye are...

Evo 6/7
Scoob STI (newer shape but not the newest)
Clio V6 far to slow for what it is
RX7 abit to old for my liking power potential is great though :d

Last edited:

hornet boy

Nov 4, 2005
Cambs
I did exactly what you a talking about, but I've just moved into my own home, so I'm a couple of stages ahead of you.

I sold my stage 1 Mk3 Cupra, and got a stage 2 VX220 turbo. All I can say is DO IT! I'm sure you have already checked it out anyway, but if not, have a look on www.vx220.org.uk there's a lot of top people on there.

Daz, if im lucky enough at the time i have the cash in my hand to find a tubby that needs abit of work in my price range id have no quibbles snatching it up.

Be very wary if it need bodywork (especially the clams) replacing, as a new one will cost approx £2000, although they sometimes come up on fleabay cheaper.

a) I want somthing abit more comfortable ( although im not sure the next car im looking at will be)

You won't be uncomfortable. The seats are really comfy. I found that when we went on long journeys, I only ever had to stop for petrol (200-250 mile range), not because we needed a stretch etc. Getting in and out can be tricky at first, but you soon master it.

The only thing that I would say regarding comfort it that the heater is totally useless. They don't get hot, and they occasionally blow grit from the road into the cabin.

5-1.jpg

2.jpg

Last edited:

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Cheers mate, already a registerd member on there as of today :)

Idealy thats what id really want, a tubby with the potentiel of 230ish bhp.

The thing im worried about is getting a N/A becasue funds wont allow a tubby and end up regretting it as it wont be as quick as my k03s ibiza?

the things that keeps me wanting one is the looks, idealy id be looking for a complete black one, black wheels, windows etc... :D

Nice car :D, a hard top would also be on the books if/when i get one.

hornet boy

Nov 4, 2005
Cambs
Mine was stage 2, and had 246bhp. That consists of a Miltek system, and a remap. Depending whose stage 2 you have, also air filter. It goes without saying that you'll probably also want to upgrade the brakes!

Have a look below for turbo tuning options. Thorney and Courtenay are considered by most to be among the best in the business.
Thorney motorsport http://www.thorneymotorsport.co.uk/tuning/VX220_Turbo_Power.shtml
Courtenay http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/index.php?act=viewDoc&docId=22

I'd say a hard top is nice, but by no means essential. Central locking is a nice option to have if you can get it (only available on the VXT)

I don't know about an N/A, but my VX was massively quicker than the Ibiza in every way.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.