• GT2X

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Big turbo)

Votes: 15 62.5%

• Total voters

SeatR

Mar 17, 2008
Norway, Bergen
i just want to know, what k03 hybrid turbo you people would recomend to get close a 300+- upset
Looking for the most reliable turbo. as this is my everyday car :)

AM04
hybrid GT2X
JBS04
ATP?

backdraftmotorsport got any k03s hybrids?

Last edited:

SeatR

Mar 17, 2008
Norway, Bergen
im guessing im going for the jbs04 when im afford to it, maybe i'll just start looking for some aftermarked parts and collect all i need before buying the turbo

SeatR

Mar 17, 2008
Norway, Bergen
okey how is this price list ?

i need:

4bar fpr $50
Tip $250
IC $400
310cc $200<- this is the usual injectors jused with k03 hybrids ?
3" maf $50-100
full exhaust $1600

turbo $1800-2900 ?

a price around $5000 includ mapping ?

is this way of ?

caveo

All of those will strugel to hit the magic 300 , it is posable tho but they will be flogging its ass off and wont last as long as an IHI ( VF34 ) click my sig for spec of my IHI.

jamiebennett81

will let you know when I get mine finally hitting 1.4 bar as its a hybrid gt2x.....

pj1985

1.8T Power
Oct 31, 2006
Hampshire/Surrey
None of them. IHI all the way. Will easily achieve 300bhp and has the added bonus of being able to produce quite abit more if you want it. All the other turbos you list will be working their nuts off to get close to 300bhp.

deanrankin85

Nov 28, 2006
Stoke-On-Trent
None of them. IHI all the way. Will easily achieve 300bhp and has the added bonus of being able to produce quite abit more if you want it. All the other turbos you list will be working their nuts off to get close to 300bhp.

i agree, i cant fault mine one bit! runs (or 'ran' before throwing a leg) perfect, even my missus said it drove better than my standard cupra! and still kept ahead of a 400bhp evo!

happy days! new rods and pistons coming tomorrow! yipee!

tashacupra

Next up "twin scroll"
Jul 26, 2007
suffolk
Hi, just a thought, as you are left hand drive over there why not give issam at INA a pm he should have lots of lhd kits to offer i would think, or if not he is looking for people intrested in a right hand drive GT28 based kit and it looks to be very competitivly priced.

Oh, and with regards to your original question i would not go with any of the options you have listed, it would be a choice of IHI base or Garrett GT series (large 25 through to small 28 possibley) :)

jamiebennett81

although one thought to consider is how it actually drives and puts power down on the road

300bhp is a nice figure, but as we all say, for pub talk really, go drive and enjoy it

jamiebennett81

thats the reason i ask, but ihi would need custom dp etc? cost more?

best people to ask is someone like Caveo for example as he has IHI on his

in essence going with the list of turbo's above or IHI is a similar cost

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members