which 1.4 petrol engine do i have?

RichieRich

Mk4 Golf GT TDi
Sep 17, 2005
Oxfordshire :)
www.bebo.com
i am guessing on the 85.. i put a k&n on and a deisel fr exhaust straight through system one of a kind lol first person to do it :) i took a guy out for a drive and he said it feels good to be 100bhp even tho it was 75 standard...

Cal91

1.4 Powerrr
FSI engine was made for the Golf I think. When I mean new engine it's not new for VW just was used in the newer facelift bezza.
I just mean the facelift model had a newer engine. But they have always used that engine in the DAB and some sports

Not sure what FSI stands for.

jpcibiza90

Oct 19, 2008
scarborough
if the 100 is sort of mapped if i got it re mapped would it do pretty much jack ****? would like abit more power but dont fancy buying a new car! althougth im tempted with a toyota celica tsport!

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I think that the 100PS is an old engine, the 75PS is a bit newer - probably appeared in its "better" state in 2001 and the FSI - Fuel Stratification Injection, 85PS appeared originally in 2002. All these engines very much differant animals - ie different internals, just happen to be roughly the same capacity. It was the 1.6FSI that appeared first in the A3 then Golf, followed by the 2.0FSI in A4

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise