New FR Tdi - MFD Query

rob_kzk

Hi All,

I've had my new FR Tdi (company car) for just under a week and I'm really enjoying it.

Just a quick question about the MFD display.....I have a basic FR, no mods at all, but in the manual it leads me to believe that I should be able to access the MFD menus(s) by holding down the button on the window wiper stalk for a few seconds. I have tried this and nothing happens at all. I can move through the various displays (mpg, temp etc.) but no sign of a menu.

The reason I was looking for this was to change the locking configuration i.e. only open drivers door with one press etc. and in the manual it leads me to believe I can do this, but I can't seem to get to the MFD menus.

Any ideas on why not, or if I'm being silly and I can only access these menus if I had one of the various "packs" please let me know.

Cheers

Rob

ktulumike

Jul 9, 2008
Banbridge, N Ireland
Hi All,

I've had my new FR Tdi (company car) for just under a week and I'm really enjoying it.

Just a quick question about the MFD display.....I have a basic FR, no mods at all, but in the manual it leads me to believe that I should be able to access the MFD menus(s) by holding down the button on the window wiper stalk for a few seconds. I have tried this and nothing happens at all. I can move through the various displays (mpg, temp etc.) but no sign of a menu.

The reason I was looking for this was to change the locking configuration i.e. only open drivers door with one press etc. and in the manual it leads me to believe I can do this, but I can't seem to get to the MFD menus.

Any ideas on why not, or if I'm being silly and I can only access these menus if I had one of the various "packs" please let me know.

Cheers

Rob

I have exactly the same problem. Surely all models can access it to change the coming home option, indicator flashes etc do they not?

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
Are you pressing the top button on the rocker switch on the side of the indicator stalk? (right stalk)

Last edited:

rob_kzk

Yes Dan, that's the button I'm pressing and holding in but nothing is happening!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.