My JBS story... yes another one... Sachs Clutch

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
Now I have spoken with Mike at CBP and he was waiting your call to see what they are prepared to offer but, as we have already changed the clutch under warranty for you we are no longer prepared to work on your vehicle.

Don't get me wrong Dan as I to believe that there are always two sides to every arguement. However, this attitude to a particular customers problem does not exactly inspire confidence does it? You do not have any issues with the company as all tasks were performed competantly (in your opinion) on your behalf. This is how it should work. However it does not always work like that and at that time is when a business needs to prove itself to its customers when things go awry.

This attitude (as highlighted above) together with their T & C's (see earlier on in the thread) does not reflect well.

Jul 23, 2008
Manchester - UNITED
What else can they do but refer to there T&C.
Its the customers responsibility to read and understand T&C before work is undertaken surely ?

I think they are probably looking at it from a legal point of view now as it appears to me they have done everything reasonable to resolve the problem, and cant see it going anywhere else ?

Ive dealt with hundreds of issues working for different companys over the past couple of years and it isnt always clear cut and the customer isnt always right.

Anyway ive gone way off the point i was trying to make which was that JBS have hundreds if not thousands of customers that are more than happy with there work and there image should not be tainted by one bad comment from a customer.
Nobody on here knows the full story accept for the OP and JBS.

Dan

Last edited:

banger 115

May 19, 2005
Just to put people in the picture..

Well, ive rang Mike at JBS to hold out the olive branch so to speak and get the clutch sorted out, but to no avail. JBS are standing by wot they said, i can have CC reinstalled and the old clutch back.

So I`ll be looking to a new clutch fitter any ideas guy`s..

andycupra

status subject to change
Ignore the following, i for some reason assumed it was a LCR. but it isnt so this post is pointless! :)

its interesting that the standard clutch was slipping (yet is in fairly good nick). Im not aware of many LCRs clutches slipping after a remap.
Then the replacement clutch has 'blued'; consistent with slipping.
and possibly two of them?

very interesting..

Last edited:

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
This has turned into a bit of a lets bitch about JBS thread hasn’t it?

Its all good for the keyboard warriors to sit on here having a go but come on, you really think a company like JBS would purposely try to rip off its customers

I hope your post was not aimed at myself for giving my unbiased opinion. (Hey 6.5 out of 10 aint that bad ;) )

Keyboard warrior? Who is being a keyboard warrior? All i see is a few posts concerning JBS customer relations:shrug: Keyboard warrior to me, means going down the road of personal and threatening insults, not giving an opinion about a company:doh:

Not every customer is going to be satisfied granted, however refusing work on an ex customers vehicle is like throwing your toy out of the pram. A company of JBS's nature should be bigger than that and try to resolve the issue the best they can.

They have a lot of happy customers, but i also know there have been quite a few unhappy customers. This isn't the 1st thread thats popped up about JBS over the years.

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
i Im not aware of many LCRs clutches slipping after a remap.

Not true mate, there are tonnes of threads about slipping LCR clutches.

Mine lasted about 10k after remap

TDI clutches go like there is no tomorrow with a lazy driving style especially when mapped.

Jul 23, 2008
Manchester - UNITED
Mitchy it wasnt aimed at you personaly, no.
I was giving an opinion on what i had read on this post, thats all.
And judging by what the OP has just posted it seems like i was right. I wont post on this thread anymore as its got way off point.
I never personaly aim coments at people online if i have a problem with something i will always aim to sort it face2face.

Dan

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
As always it is how a company deals with its problems is when it truly shows its worth. By point blank refusing to work on a customers vehicle and by offering T&C's which absolves itself on work completed on behalf of the customer is hardly accomodating.

The T&C's are there for all to see but it does not give a company the right for an alibi against the Sale of Goods Act (where relevant).

The customer isn't always right and neither is the service provider.

caney

Apr 24, 2005

car modding game is a mugs game, just took me 3 or 4 yrs to realise that:happy:

You want a fast car, buy 1 to begin with and save yourself the hassle of all this bo**ocks (And the expense)

Mitch
hallelujah to that!

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
Car modding gives us something to do though, problems are half of the suprise.

:doh:

Plus I have a excuse to visit SCN hourly, as i'm finding fixes for my many problems............beats sitting with the Mrs and watching enders or even worse having a conversation!!

Wilko

Badge snob
hallelujah to that!

Steve
You're just having a bad day (month/year)
Just think how many friends you've made.
You could go buy an evo, fast car already, but you'd mod it.
You could go buy a porsche, but you'd turn the boost up.

Start doing most of the work yourself. I'm sorting my front suspension, fitting tt hubs, and my hands are bruised and battered, but I'm enjoying it and I know it's now being one right.

On the topic, I've got a sachs clutch with standard flywheel, and it isn't oem feel, but it's a performance clutch. More on off than standard, but much better than my old helix clutch/smf.
It took a while to bed in, but it's OK. Mine was not fitted by JBS.

jamiebennett81

Steve
You're just having a bad day (month/year)
Just think how many friends you've made.
You could go buy an evo, fast car already, but you'd mod it.
You could go buy a porsche, but you'd turn the boost up.

Start doing most of the work yourself. I'm sorting my front suspension, fitting tt hubs, and my hands are bruised and battered, but I'm enjoying it and I know it's now being one right.

have to agree, its all part of the fun and being a petrol head....we all have bad days/weeks/months....and I am only just coming to a point now where the car is finally getting there....its all worth it when you put your foot down and get that grin factor....because it's the time and effort that you have put in to get the car within that ability:D

Neg.

May 11, 2007
Bristol
I like to hear feedback wether it be good or bad. Where would we be without word of mouth? As an example, I havent dealt with Badger Bill yet, but if I did, I would be almost 100% sure i would get excellent service due to the amout of positive feedback! JBS however appear to be popping up in a negative light all to often for my liking and wouldnt use them for that reason. Refusing to work on a customers car is simply unbelievable and I would be tamping if it was me in that postion.

I really hope you get this sorted out without too much hassle from JBS :)

jamiebennett81

back on topic, once again JBS show how truly to F**K up a relationship with ALOT of forum members

all I hear is bad press about them these days and the behind the scenes stories I hear....sorry I mean behind the scenes "facts" about JBS is truly worrying

would I let them near my car...would I F**K - and I think this reputation is now becoming fast spread across this forum and rightly so

I think Mike was used as a scape goat from the last instance of poor service, as James Silverstone was fully aware of it and is the only one who makes decisions based on situations like this, but with James sheer arrogance, this sort of response from JBS does not surprise me in the slightest

dieselhead1

Hi,
I have experienced similar poor customer service from JBS aka Custom Code. James didn't turn up to 2 bookings.
It seems that some JBS/ C.C negative threads have disappeared from SCN - is this because of advertising revenues ?

Dieselhead

back on topic, once again JBS show how truly to F**K up a relationship with ALOT of forum members

all I hear is bad press about them these days and the behind the scenes stories I hear....sorry I mean behind the scenes "facts" about JBS is truly worrying

would I let them near my car...would I F**K - and I think this reputation is now becoming fast spread across this forum and rightly so

I think Mike was used as a scape goat from the last instance of poor service, as James Silverstone was fully aware of it and is the only one who makes decisions based on situations like this, but with James sheer arrogance, this sort of response from JBS does not surprise me in the slightest

pj1985

1.8T Power
Oct 31, 2006
Hampshire/Surrey
It seems that some JBS/ C.C negative threads have disappeared from SCN - is this because of advertising revenues ?

Dieselhead

I believe Im right in saying the threads that have disappeared have either been deleted by the original poster, were in the JBS section and were deleted by them or if any have been deleted by the admins it would be because the original poster breached the rules but I dont think advertising revenues come into it at all.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Hi,
I have experienced similar poor customer service from JBS aka Custom Code. James didn't turn up to 2 bookings.

Dieselhead

No! Never has been and never will be so please get your facts straight before making assumptions. We do not run SCN to make money. Most threads or posts can be removed by JBS as is there right if it is in their section. In Caveo's case, he deleted it himself.

If JBS no longer wished to be sponsors of SCN, then they are free to do so. SCN would neither struggle as a result or wish to bend over backwards to defend them against customer accusations. We are not the customer support services of any of out sponsors.

We do not rely on just one sponsor. Everything SCN earns from its advertising goes 100% back into the site.

In cases such as this we try to remain impartial, but we are not Watchdog. So there is a limit to how far we allow this style of thread to fester. So I'd suggest if you have a bone to pick with JBS or any other company you take it up with them direct.

If it continues in it's current direction it will be closed.

If the OP has reached the end of the line with his complaint then there is no gain in this thread continuing further and it will be closed (but not deleted). I would suggest the OP decides because the witch hunt won't go on forever!!

Last edited: