Fuel Computer reset itself

petrolhead

Not sure if its called a fuel computer but I am sure you know what I mean.

I have has the car 2 days now and so far happy with it.

I have been keeping an eye on the fuel consumption and am very happy as I am getting about 45mpg which is a whole lot better than 24mpg!!! I was getting in the 330i BMW

I noticed this morning that it reset itself. Its on no 1 setting, I understand there are 2.

Is this normal or have I just simply done somit without realising?

erichuyn

Dec 25, 2005
Netherlands
Well there a 2, you can switch between them using the round button on the underside of the stalk.
NR1 is de trip fuel usage if I'm not mistaken, NR2 is total. However once you cross the 99:99 hour mark or 9999miles on the nr2 readout of time and distance it also resets the total(s).
If you press&hold the round button on the underside you can reset manually.

Jun 5, 2008
Leeds
the number 1 setting is reset every 2 hours i believe unless you are driving, its two hours of the car not being used, the number 2 setting is only reset when you reset it by holding the button found underneath the same button you use to change between one and two.

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
the number 1 setting is reset every 2 hours i believe unless you are driving, its two hours of the car not being used, the number 2 setting is only reset when you reset it by holding the button found underneath the same button you use to change between one and two.

Yup that's how mine worked. Also bear in mind that reset resets all the counts on that computer not just the function selected (e.g. mpg) like some cars.

dandan1987

does this reseting afffect the amount of petrol/deisel being used?

dandan1987

i dont know much about my car lol
what do these settings do, an how do i find the ''button'' that changes these settings.

Foo56

Feb 6, 2007
If u just play with the buttons on the stalk, normally if u hold the one down on the underneath of the right hand stalk it resets it, the left hand side is cruise control/adjusted (if u got it). I just read the manual tho mate - it's all in there!

dandan1987

FOO56 :- thanks

im not too sure. i have a 56plate leon referance sport 140bhp. not much buh im looking to remap an wondered if there are any recommendations.....

petrolhead

This whole posing is called a thread. This message is a post on the thread.

So go to this section of the forum - http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=117 and click on
newthread.gif
button to start a new thread

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.