Tyre recomendations

Prebs

Dec 28, 2004
Norway, Bergen
Im on T1-R. as mention earlier, good in dry but hopeless in wet. Had a little accident on a curb on track with these and the result was not pretty on one of my rims. Will def. go for the F1 with rim protections next time as davem describes. The T1-r are to soft on the "walls" in my experience...

Prebs

jamiebennett81

I had the eagle f1'a when i had my original 16' rims and they were a very good tyre for the price... good in the wet and a great dry weather trye to. Bought mt 17' OZ's and they came with brand new Toyo Proxes T1-S. Again a very good tyre. Had them on 6months now and still have good tred left on all four but specially and importantly the fronts. Cheapo tyres will get minced on a front wheel drive car like ours. The Toyos seem and popular choice on this forum... and they are resonabily priced!

surprising, read reports the TS1 are not very good and the T1R's are a lot better

bobak

Opinionated non-mechanic
May 15, 2008
ive got eagle f1's GSD3s on mine. great tires. bit harder than the old yoko's i used to have an the avons that came on mine, so i'd recommend F1s definitely. I got mine at F1 Auto for £225 for 4, fitted and balanced and tracking... was well pleased. leave a great tred too... im so sad

ian_cupra

dry great, wet horrid!

best off getting yoko a048's better in dry, and same in wet, bit more money, but for a trackday way better

shantybeater

loving the whoosh
Sep 28, 2007
Bournemouth & Brighton
toyo proxie T1-R's all the way...although they are fairly soft so wear down pretty quick...great for grip in the dry though :)

I'm pretty sure T1-S's are the cheaper versions of the R's so i would assume not as good

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.