Exhaust sensor cost?

mallett

Jul 6, 2006
Bristol
Hi chaps!

Long story short. Diagnostic light came on yesterday and my OBDII lead has gone missing (probably during a house move!) So the garage came up with 4 codes, 1 of which was linked to me detaching the battery to reset the ECU, which worked for 20 or so miles, then it came back)

But the remaining code that won't stay clear on the garage VAGCOM is one linked to the 'sensor BEFORE the CAT' The chap said there are 2 sensors on the gasses, one before the cat and one after, and he pulled a face when I asked about the cost (the coolant temp one only cost £40 last time!) and he said that some of them are silly expensive, like £400 odd! but he was pretty sure that this one would be about £140 fitted :blink:

Does this sound right? I have no reason to doubt the codes as I saw them myself, it's just the sensor cost, and all told with the code read and clear will be about £200!

At christmas! :censored:

mallett

Jul 6, 2006
Bristol
Sorry Mods. I think I've found my answer, it appears to be the front lambda and £150 is about the going cost.

Cheers!

merry xmas all!

cupra_clive

Depends on engine code & age of vehicle, I list two at work.
One is £75.86 + VAT (4 wire sensor with 1020mm lead) , one is £90.43 + VAT (5 wire sensor with 745mm lead) , theese are direct fit lambda sensors (they come with proper plug on end).

cupra_clive

Thanks Clive! What's the book time on those?

PS: Go home :)

:lol:

I can access my work's electronic catalogue from home , only gives prices though, not times, but I wouldn't have thought that it would take too long.

jwfcms

Sep 14, 2008
UK Yorkshire
make sure you get a genuine one as i have had some which dont work on these cars. a genuine one or one which is used as OEM such as bosch. dont go for a cheap universal copy either. get one with the proper plug.

cupra_clive

make sure you get a genuine one as i have had some which dont work on these cars. a genuine one or one which is used as OEM such as bosch. dont go for a cheap universal copy either. get one with the proper plug.

couldnt agree more , there a lot of cheap copys out there. I find that generally you get what you pay for, the company that i use for a lot of my engine management components are www.fpuk.co.uk as they offer Parts of Matching O.E. quality , I got my genuine VW coils through them a bit cheaper than I could through VW. but they were the latest up to date coils (ending with R).

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise