Tyres - what do you run?

Red Rum

Using "the fuel of Satan"
Jun 29, 2007
Durham
Sounds like the P Zero Nero i have on my FR![:@]

No, p-zero are b@ll@cks in the wet and the dry. Parada's are unbelieveble in the dry, but you need to bring a change of clothes when you using them in the wet:blink: very unpredictable in the wet

tkjeeves

Blue
Jul 13, 2008
oxford
Yokohama a520 all round on mine, very good in the dry, managable in the wet, NOT good in a wet muddy field! Road noise is also an issue. But i think they stopped making these things...

bertrum

Sounds very much like P Zero's then lol
Though my old 1.4 had some form of Bridgeston Tranza which was non discript an inoffensive

W4nkstone Turanza's suck whale dork in the wet!!! Can't wait until they need replacing.
Deciding between F1's and T1-R's I think.

Thurman

Jan 28, 2008
Thanks for all the feedback guys! So it looks like Toyo T1-r's or Eagle F1's. Would 215/40/17's fit on my Cupra wheels? Anyone had experience of blackcircles.com? I've used etyres before with good results, but i'm always up for a change!! Thanks again

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
Thanks for all the feedback guys! So it looks like Toyo T1-r's or Eagle F1's. Would 215/40/17's fit on my Cupra wheels? Anyone had experience of blackcircles.com? I've used etyres before with good results, but i'm always up for a change!! Thanks again

215's should fit no problem as there are members who have fitted even wider and still don't rub (225 which apparently are pants though :lol:)

Danneh

I would run Michelin Pilot Sport whenever I can. You have to have the right size wheels though (16" and above?)

One of the best gripping tyre you can buy. Very good quality too.

Expensive.

Not as expensive as a ditch.

:D

EDIT: I do think Michenlin Pilot Sports are the best... just not many people have them so much because they're very expensive - you get what you pay for!

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
I would run Michelin Pilot Sport whenever I can. You have to have the right size wheels though (16" and above?)

One of the best gripping tyre you can buy. Very good quality too.

Expensive.

Not as expensive as a ditch.

:D

EDIT: I do think Michenlin Pilot Sports are the best... just not many people have them so much because they're very expensive - you get what you pay for!

Agree, I managed to get all 4 replaced on my company astra and they are way better than the factory Bridgestone crap.

Red Rum

Using "the fuel of Satan"
Jun 29, 2007
Durham

Yeah, ive used blackcircles twice now and theyre good;)

Dec 16, 2007
Gloucester/Cheltenham
ive run mitchellin in the wet and dry - good overall tyre but over priced.

avons 215/40/16 - good in wet and good in dry - great allround tyre.

currently running 215/40/16 toyo proxi t-r1s, good in wet and dry, give good confidence in the wet when going around corners & the cheapest tyre out of avon and mitchelin.

My avons lasted me about 8k i think roughly.

Danneh

ive run mitchellin in the wet and dry - good overall tyre but over priced.

avons 215/40/16 - good in wet and good in dry - great allround tyre.

currently running 215/40/16 toyo proxi t-r1s, good in wet and dry, give good confidence in the wet when going around corners & the cheapest tyre out of avon and mitchelin.

My avons lasted me about 8k i think roughly.

8k? That is TERRIBLE.

Tbh.

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
i run 4 x toyo t1-r's on mine, can't complain from them, being full diretional tread helps the tyre to disperse of water quickly when running in the wet, grips very well, have not heard any tyre squeel yet even when chucking it round corners :D A fantastic (cheaper) alternative to GSD3's

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
I switched to 215/40 Goodyear Eagle F1s not long ago, now I see why people rave about them so much, I'm really impressed with the lack of road noise and the excellent all round grip.

I've got Dunlop SP Sport Maxx's on the back and they're also really good, not quite as good as F1s despite being more, but still a worthy tyre.

Oh and I've never got more than 9k out of my Ibiza tyres, and thats the same whether it was my 1.4 16v, PD130 or 160.

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
Toyo T1R's. Alright in the dry but not all that great in the wet tbh. Can't get the power down and slide in corners, dunno if it's just cos the roads are plastered in sh1te or not.

I know it's an even worse option but will go for some semi slicks or something next time i think....won't be going for T1's again anyway.

Poverty

Toyo T1R's. Alright in the dry but not all that great in the wet tbh. Can't get the power down and slide in corners, dunno if it's just cos the roads are plastered in sh1te or not.

I know it's an even worse option but will go for some semi slicks or something next time i think....won't be going for T1's again anyway.

You not getting the power down and not being able to "slide into corners" is because the chassis is overwhelmed, not because of the tires.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.