lcr 225 on fleabay

itr786

Hi, firstly new to the leon thing, last few cars have been integra's/ctr's. Anyway been given a second chance offer on the following:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=280295173813

Just wondering what the opinion is of you fine folks, does it look like a good deals for 5k??
going to view it in the next few days, it does requires a service, and prob. timing belt change, so I've budgeted for that, anything else I should be vary off??

Thank you in advanced.

kind regards,
al

itr786

why were you offered a second chance offer, has he used somebody to bid up the price, id try and bargain him down abit

don't know tbh, auction only ended afew hrs ago, will establish why when i get in touch with the seller. Im obviously going to get the car hpi checked, but from the description, what are peoples opinions on the the car, anything I need to be wary off when going to view the car?

kind regards,
al

mat564

go and have a look and inspect it yourself mate but dont buy it through ebay theres no need to as hes a dealer just go direct and you aint got to worry about any feedback issues

itr786

go and have a look and inspect it yourself mate but dont buy it through ebay theres no need to as hes a dealer just go direct and you aint got to worry about any feedback issues

Will do mate, wasn't to sure hence this thread as to whether there was any specific thing to look out for with lcr's but all seems well.

I'll keep everyone poster, and you'll all be hearing alot from me in the near future lol!

JamJay

California Bound
don't know tbh, auction only ended afew hrs ago, will establish why when i get in touch with the seller. Im obviously going to get the car hpi checked, but from the description, what are peoples opinions on the the car, anything I need to be wary off when going to view the car?

kind regards,
al

I have come from Honda also (b-series follower) and I have not been disappointed with my Leon one bit. You'll love the low down torque which I am sure you'll agree all Honda's lack. Just check that it has been serviced regularly, take it for a test drive and listen for any knocks, reluctance to rev high or pick up speed quickly, you knowm the usual bits and pieces.

I had no idea before I joined VAG that the 1.8T engines were so tuneable, almost as much as Honda lumps I'd say. If you plan to mod, you won't be disappointed with the list of parts on offer. Mine is starting with better air filteration, diverter valve and a stage 1 remap, I hope to see around 260bhp and equal (if not more) torque as so many other on here have done too :)

Mar 18, 2003
In oncoming traffic
Visit site
Check for fan issue (do a search but in short low speed dead), looks like there is an odd red wire next to batt, has it had sub etc in boot?(young owner). are disks pad etc ok? (£200 at least for both @front)press button under wiper stalk with ign on and look at av mpg 2 this may give an idea of past use eg if its done 3000 miles on trip 2 at 23mpg then it may have lived it a bit hard, 28 ish is about right, hope this helps!