LIMP mode

594pidge

how do u kno if your cars gone into limp mode?? got a ecu warning light on, but the car doesnt feel any differant to drive?

brad1

remember spelling ;) if your car goes into limp mode, you will know about, it will feel so sluggish
what warning light is it?

turbo009

Red Lightning
Jun 15, 2008
Grimsby North East Lincs
I'm guessing that could be a number of things mate? just something daft? When your car goes into limp mode u know that when u go to floor it then it will not boost! (Yours doing that?)

594pidge

nope dosn't feel sluggish, can still here the turbo spooling up, and my DV is still 'wooshing'....

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
the warning light coming on wont always mean its in limp mode. but it has logged a fault which needs reading with expensive dealer diagnostics, or a friendly local scn member who has vagcom software:) have a look in the vagcom requests section of the forum

as acid said... try disconnecting the battery first and see if it goes

bcstudent

Boost FTW
Apr 17, 2005
Norwich, UK
My LC did the same thing when the Lambda sensor connections got wet. Whatever your problem it's going to be pretty minor, but it will likely require VAG-COM to diagnose.

Oct 17, 2006
northwest
I was waiting for the missus as always and saw a AA free check thing so got them to do a quick scan...

I'm sure there is a webby that will show you any AA free check things in your area.

Allan

roberts189

Yeh its ur engine management light which can be a number of things (normally minor, sensors etc). I had a simular issue l8ly and it turned out to be one of the lambder sensors being knackerd. I never thaught my car was running to sluggish either until I changed it and the difference was definately noticable.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise