give me your views on Cupra Diesel

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Doubt it will be as fun to drive and have that raw power of the mk3, but diesels have caught up in terms of performance with petrol over the years if you dont mind being a soot producing tractor:redface:

But the savings will add up!!:)

Mat

you're asking for bad reports after buying it? Wouldn't it be better researching before splashing out the cash?

seriously though, it should be fine. Will get better answers in the Mk4 section (common faults etc etc)

daz2282

dazza
Oct 13, 2006
ayrshire scotland
hi lads give me ur opinions

hi lads just traded my 51 cupra 200bhp in for a cupra diesel remapped to 190bhp 06 plate 20k on clock test drove it goes really well just wondered if there is anything i need to watch with them or any info would be most appreciated thanks

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
I have one at 200bhp. It does need a new clutch but is a beasty car! Love the power all I need to do now is..

Get some rear spacers
Rear antiroll bar
Coilovers
Mufflerectomy
Panel filter
Clutch
Red Silicon Boost Hoses
Hybrid Turbo
Custom Remap

:D

daz2282

dazza
Oct 13, 2006
ayrshire scotland
someone put my mind at rest

just bought a 06 cupra tdi 19k on clock remapped to 190bhp. i maybe jumped in a wee bit before reading up on them but needed a diesel for my work and got a good deal. i have a 200bhp cupra mk3 when i test drove the tdi i thought it was really decent but ive started reading up on them and all i seem to hear is clutch problems on remapped tdi's, what other main problems is people getting with them and how much will an uprated clutch cost me thanks lads much appreciated

Clark10

Apr 13, 2005
Belfast
just bought a 06 cupra tdi 19k on clock remapped to 190bhp. i maybe jumped in a wee bit before reading up on them but needed a diesel for my work and got a good deal. i have a 200bhp cupra mk3 when i test drove the tdi i thought it was really decent but ive started reading up on them and all i seem to hear is clutch problems on remapped tdi's, what other main problems is people getting with them and how much will an uprated clutch cost me thanks lads much appreciated

My Sachs clutch cost me around £700 fitted IIRC.

fullmonty

hi , i ve had a remap at jabba and asked for the torque output to be limited so that the clutch would not need to be uprated - I have 185 bhp and 300 lb of torque :D

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.