Spark Plugs

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
the IK22's are 1 degree colder than the stock sparks for the regular mk3 cupra's. However I do not know what the R has in standard...I guess they should still be ok. You'll have to fit them and run the car.

maybe in the future its better to first find out what sparks you need (or any other part for that matter) and then buy them... ;)

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
as said I'm sure it fine. LIke I mentioned in a sparks thread yesterday, tuning companies advise to go 1 degree colder with sparks for every 50 bhp you go up from stock.

As the IK22's are good for a remapped cupra to apporxiamtely 190-200bhp i'm sure they are fine for the 180bhp cupra R as well...

try asking one of the other R owners for definite answer..

M87NER

MATNER
Mar 11, 2007
Stoke-on-Trent
Awesome, picked some up from Halfords today... glad ive changed these aswell me old ones where way messy completely black and manky and one off the plugs didn't even match the other 3!

Davem

Aug 7, 2008
Birmingham
Just done a search and looking like people go for the Denso IK22's or the NGK BKR7E's for slightly modified ibiza cupra's.

Looking to get some in next few days. My Ibiza has ko3s etc on probably running around 230 mark. Would BKR7E's be okay? Rang local car spares up and they like they are not listed for my car so would not take any responsibilty for them if anything happened etc.. just woundering if okay to use? they just saying that to cover there own back.

Any help would be much appreciated. thanks.

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
Just done a search and looking like people go for the Denso IK22's or the NGK BKR7E's for slightly modified ibiza cupra's.

Looking to get some in next few days. My Ibiza has ko3s etc on probably running around 230 mark. Would BKR7E's be okay? Rang local car spares up and they like they are not listed for my car so would not take any responsibilty for them if anything happened etc.. just woundering if okay to use? they just saying that to cover there own back.

Any help would be much appreciated. thanks.

I ran BKR7E's on my hybrid cause i didn't fancy paying £40 a time for a set of Denso IK22's. They won't be listed for the car but will work fine in them

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.