Boost levels on a leon cupra k03s

Neil_Ireland

Leon Cupra
Apr 27, 2006
Dublin
Hi all,

I did a bit of searching and could only find the information on a cupra R.

Question's are....whats the standard boost on a k03s from the factory?
And whats a safe max boost to run the k03s at?

I have the following mods on my car.

ITG panel filter in smooth airbox
Forge TIP
Forge diverter valve
Forge FMIC
Piper full system inc downpipe and sports cat

Thanks,
Neil.

VAG1NA LOVER

Safe boost

Hello neil uffortunatley 9 is the max safe boost for a k 03 but fortunately upgrade your intercooler(i brought 1 from toyosport) and you can take it upto 13+ i aint blown mine yet..ps the tiny standard intercooler cant keep the heat down enough.hope that helps a little?

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
mine is mapped to 1.3bar and that is on standard intercoolers, mapped by p-torque, so 9psi isnt the maximum boost mate.

the standard intr=ercoolers are fine for k03s, maybe need fmic on higher boost, i.e big turbo applications.

i pull 229bhp on stage 2 map at 1.3bar with standard coolers no problems

Neil_Ireland

Leon Cupra
Apr 27, 2006
Dublin
mine is mapped to 1.3bar and that is on standard intercoolers, mapped by p-torque, so 9psi isnt the maximum boost mate.

the standard intr=ercoolers are fine for k03s, maybe need fmic on higher boost, i.e big turbo applications.

i pull 229bhp on stage 2 map at 1.3bar with standard coolers no problems

Thats about 19psi then, is that on a k03s?
Just asking because you mentioned "intercoolers", the cupra only has one compared to the cupra R that has 2 intercoolers.

Neil.

bcstudent

Boost FTW
Apr 17, 2005
Norwich, UK
I think most stage two maps peak in the low 21-22 PSI region and hold around 15 PSI to the limiter.

I guess it would be fair to say that's the safe maximum.

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
Thats about 19psi then, is that on a k03s?
Just asking because you mentioned "intercoolers", the cupra only has one compared to the cupra R that has 2 intercoolers.

Neil.

yeah standard 1 intercooler on the cupra ko3s

i said to the above qoute that an fmic is necessary to achieve 9psi or more is not correct

im stage 2 mapped to 1.34 bar, boosts nicely and a smooth curve.

Neil_Ireland

Leon Cupra
Apr 27, 2006
Dublin
I think most stage two maps peak in the low 21-22 PSI region and hold around 15 PSI to the limiter.

I guess it would be fair to say that's the safe maximum.

Cool, thanks.

I had mine remapped before Christmas, I'm going to do some vag-com logs to see what boost I'm getting.....don't want to go blowing my turbo :D

Neil.

xd-data-ii

Mar 15, 2007
San Diego
Neil
Joes map on mine is hitting around 15 dropping and steady to about 13psi and you know how long it's been since mine was done so guess safe to say that it's not a problem at these figures
Would be interested to know what yours is

Neil_Ireland

Leon Cupra
Apr 27, 2006
Dublin
Neil
Joes map on mine is hitting around 15 dropping and steady to about 13psi and you know how long it's been since mine was done so guess safe to say that it's not a problem at these figures
Would be interested to know what yours is

If I can remember how to log data with vag-com I'll go for a spin and get the boost readings.
Joe is putting another map on the car in a couple of weeks so I want to see what boost it's hitting now.

Neil.

doug2001leon

Vrrrrroooooooom.... Toosh
just thought i would let you guys know, my leon (2001 AUQ 180bhp engine) Boosts standard at 7psi peaks to 9 max and settles between 7-8 in 2nd and 3rd and bang on 7 rest.....
Hope this helps some of you....
i have been told you can run safely 13psi with a max peak of 15 before the standard ecu setup i.e lambda sensor ect... will stop compensating for the running lean.

Not 100% sure if its all acurate just was with a friend earlier having a natter and he is a big enthusiast and also has written maps ect so seems to know what he is on about :)

Happy new year all!

krusty007

2002 Leon Cupra holds 9psi cold and 7psi max when warm??

Hi guys, I've got a 2002 Leon Cupra AUQ ko3s as standard other than pod filter etc. It runs 9psi while warming up but then after driving for 15-20 mins will only hit 7psi?? Any ideas? I had a Subaru Forester in NZ before that was running 16psi and it would hit and hold 16psi all gears anytime, so is my Leon running right?? Cheers anyone that can shed some light on the subject. I want to fit my gfb atomic boost controller but want to know if it's boosting right first lol

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.