Altech's Ibiza, Replacement Is Here! Can You Guess What It Is? Pg 33

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
I still need to get some LED sidelights but have been put off them recently due to a few members complaining that they don’t last very long. Can anyone recommend some that will last?

I got PIAA ones for mine. They're twin LED's and come in three styles, both white, both blue, or one of each. Cost me £20, but I'd rather pay £20 once than £5 five times lol. No probs at all so far, had them well over a year :D

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
r32 exhaust and cupra bumper looking awesome! great work. dropped with spacers, aero wipers and remap then your sorted!

Cheers mate, hopefully those mods will be comming in the next few months

I got PIAA ones for mine. They're twin LED's and come in three styles, both white, both blue, or one of each. Cost me £20, but I'd rather pay £20 once than £5 five times lol. No probs at all so far, had them well over a year :D

Where did you get them from mate?

minimat

Nov 15, 2008
sheffield
just read all the way through this and i must admit i think the exhaust looks spot on!!

car looks really nice, just needs the extra poke

mat

Jul 23, 2008
Manchester - UNITED
I got some LED sidelights from halfrauds and they work fine, they are the white ones, they also do "tacky police blue" ;) but the white ones look really good i think.
They were only £5 i think so not too bad and they havnt flickered once in the 4months i must have had them in :D

LoDa

Oct 12, 2008
Southampton
I got some LED sidelights from halfrauds and they work fine, they are the white ones, they also do "tacky police blue" ;) but the white ones look really good i think.
They were only £5 i think so not too bad and they havnt flickered once in the 4months i must have had them in :D

I've done that but I'm considering changing back to normal bulbs because I haven't got HID's. They look a bit too blue in contrast.

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
Where did you get them from mate?

Got them from my local Motaman. They're the H262 ones with one white and one blue LED on each side. They also do both white (H263) or both blue (H261) but I went for the middle as they go better with my xenons imo.

They can all be bought here at a cheaper price than I paid dammit :ban:

http://www.motaman.co.uk/productDetails.aspx?nPId=199

Edit: my sig doesn't show them.. all the lighting on it is a photoshop effort as I couldnt be arsed to go take a picture with my lights on lol

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
Coilovers Fitted

Finally got myself a set of FK Konigsport coilovers. I've been wanting a set of coilovers for a while as I'd got sick n tired of the standard suspension. The constant crashing over bumps and boat like handling nearly made me think about getting rid of the car! The final straw was when my mum was watching a BMW advert for there X3 and thought it was my car! The only similarity was the colour....

Anyway here are a few before and after pics

Before
P1010772.jpg

Rears fitted
P1010776.jpg

After!
P1010782.jpg

Close up of the front before and after

P1010774.jpg

P1010786.jpg

Close up of the rears (made me laugh this comparison!)

P1010775.jpg

P1010777.jpg

Here's a pic of one of the front struts

P1010778.jpg

I've Hammerite-d the struts to prevent them corroding and applied plenty of copper grease to the threads.

Fitting the rears actually took longer than the fronts.... One bolt was seized so I had to wait a few hours for a windy gun to blip it off! I actually found the o/s front shock easier to fit than the n/s for some reason. I've also fitted new top mounts and bearings to be on the safe side.

The car now looks and handles sooo much better and the wheels even look bigger, as they're not lost in the arches.

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
Just a few pics that I took at the weekend after cleaning the car. I’ve also de-badged the rear and it looks much cleaner now. I left the TDI badge on to let people know what’s just flown past!

P1010791.jpg

P1010785.jpg

P1010783.jpg

P1010780.jpg

Breezapom

mk4 ibiza fr 20vt
Jan 12, 2006
Hampshire
Very nice good work m8 i just keep looking at mine and thinking its so bloody high and as you said the handling really turns me off the car it is bad but nothing a set of coilovers and Rarb wont sort :funk:

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
Cheers mate. I'm much more happy with the car now. Just need to sort out the dampening as the ride is a bit bouncy at the moment

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.