Manifold/Turbo Setup - **UPDATE: FIXED**

Nick_A

Not a newie really
Oct 2, 2007
Hertfordshire
Hi people

Had my local mechanic visit me yesterday to try and sort out my blowing downpipe/manifold on my mk4 ibiza cupra T 180.

On inspection he seems think its blowing from the top of the downpipe/manifold area where it connects to the turbo, he could only here it but cound not feel a leak however though.

He says i need a new gasket where the manifold or downpipe joins the turbo (aparently there are 4 or more bolts around the area) :confused:

Anyone have a part number from seat for this gasket or any other areas it might be coming from, aparently its not my downpipe.

thanks

**UPDATE**:

Well guys the problem finally got sorted this morning by my local mobile mechanic.
Originally visited the stealers for the parts i needed (Turbo Manifold Gasket and 3 Hex Bolts @ the price of £16.11, so not too bad, though fitting charges were extortionate)

Proved to be the 3 original screws had just worked very loose, providing me with a nice loud rattle, hour later and £10 down for labour its sorted, took it for a spin and seems fine :)

Just wanna say thanks to those who responded, much appreciated guys :happy:

Last edited:

T. Spark

OK dokie, im afriad that one I dont know! I have a old turbo manifold but for a diesel I could have looked for.

Good lucky mate

grahamib

Hi

Part nos for BKV, BJX,BBU and BLZ engins up to 2006 were as follows

Hex Bolts Turbo to Manifold (X3) 058 145 540

Gasket 06A 253 039 E

Cheers

Nick_A

Not a newie really
Oct 2, 2007
Hertfordshire
Hi

Part nos for BKV, BJX,BBU and BLZ engins up to 2006 were as follows

Hex Bolts Turbo to Manifold (X3) 058 145 540

Gasket 06A 253 039 E

Cheers

So one gasket fits all (my is a petrol 1.8 T cupra mk4) ????

Is it worth buying the bolts as well to replace with the gasket and are they expensive??

Thanks

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
Yea they are the right part numbers, I have a set here. It's worth buying the bolts aswell and you might consider some decent locking washers to stop them coming loose again. Bolts are £4 each and gasket is about £2.30

Nick_A

Not a newie really
Oct 2, 2007
Hertfordshire
Yea they are the right part numbers, I have a set here. It's worth buying the bolts aswell and you might consider some decent locking washers to stop them coming loose again. Bolts are £4 each and gasket is about £2.30

Cheers far that.

I am also curious as to know if there are any other gaskets with bolts in that can become loose/damaged around the same area? I.e is there a gasket and bolts that link say the dowpipe to the turbo or is it just the manifold to the turbo as im a little confused :confused:

kriso

Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
Yea there is a gasket between the downpipe and turbo but it doesn't normally come loose. The turbo has bolt studs which the holes in the gasket and downpipe sit over, then 4 locking nuts are put over it.

The vibrations in the turbo seem to make the other 3 bolts come loose, it's quite common on other cars too. I want to try some Nord-Lock washers on mine as they are practically vibration-proof.

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
I agree with Kris, its prob just turbo to down pipe bolts come loose. Replace the bolts with new ones and you should be fine.

Last edited:

Nick_A

Not a newie really
Oct 2, 2007
Hertfordshire
Thanks for help

Ordered parts today and will collect from the stealers on wednesday

£2.56 for the gasket and £4.87 for the bolts iirc, so not too bad, just hope it sorts my car once fitted

:)

Nick_A

Not a newie really
Oct 2, 2007
Hertfordshire
Enjoy it while it lasts lol...mine are getting worse again :( Did you have much trouble fitting as they are a pig to get to?

From what i saw it was a ball ache indeed. We didn't need to replace the bolts or gasket, we just tightened them back up again as they were finger spinning lose!!

Will keep hold of the new ones just incase it goes again. Have yours become lose on more than one occasion then??

kriso

Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
Yea they keep coming loose...happens to a few other ppl on here too. I have tightened mine a few times but they eventually come loose again after a few weeks/months.

Not sure if replacing the bolts will help but they might fit a little better. The gasket can get damaged if the bolts have been loose because the exhaust gasses leak out through the small gap and damage it.

I think adding some locking washers is the only way to stop it coming out again. Nord-Lock washers are what I'm looking at as they can't be vibrated loose unlike others.

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
the classic problem with the cupra 180 turbo gasket problems when i was running standard turbo i had problem after problem with it! and seat charged a fortune to fix it! obvuosly stopped when i went ihi tho! get the new gasket in there and try the locking washers if it happens again that is (which it wil ;) )

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.