My old Cupra

Riko

MURDER WAGON
Jun 10, 2007
Milton Keynes
They were available through the bay, but I haven't seen them on there in a while? Clear Hella lights, replace all coloured bulbs with silvertech (or similar), tint bottom section in whatever colour, then loads a lacquer..polish..lacquer...polish... :blahblah:

Wanting to get mine ready for edition this year, but might go smoked instead of red?? Opinions?

C3 LJG

Serial Speeder
Dec 23, 2003
Chandlers Ford
www.cardomain.com
You can't just change the bulbs, they have coloured plastic lenses inside the lights you have to remove if you want them clear. They look **** standard!

6777050081_large.jpg

Half the lenses removed

6777050082_medium.jpg

Finished!

29032007084.jpg

C3 LJG

Serial Speeder
Dec 23, 2003
Chandlers Ford
www.cardomain.com
Always loved this car and thought u were mad to sell it for the VR!

Hope it's gone to good hands!

I wish i hadn't sold it :cry: :cry:

I was very close to doing a deal on it to have it back when Rachel sold it recently but decided I would never be happy if it hadn't been looked after to my standards!

But nevermind you live and learn! :doh:

shantybeater

loving the whoosh
Sep 28, 2007
Bournemouth & Brighton
so to get the lights looking like this do i buy ebay-style tinting spray? or is there a better product? then i just spray & polish??? i'm hoping for an oem look not a 'matt' misty effect i've seen on another cupra, what you've done here in the pics mate looks perfect...but thats expected from a detailer i guess!

Shame you dont want to get it back, would be nice to see another modded cupra in the dorset area, I havent seen one yet

Last edited:

C3 LJG

Serial Speeder
Dec 23, 2003
Chandlers Ford
www.cardomain.com
I used folia-tec stuff you used to get in halfords. Heres a quick guide to how I did the ones on the VR.

started off by getting some crystal clear rear lenses

Picture014Medium.jpg

then i set about tinting them

Picture015Medium.jpg

i left them over night to fully go off then added around 5 coats of lacquer, which when dry i sanded with sone fine grade wet and dry paper eg. 1500/2000 grit to level off the orange peel.

Picture020Medium.jpg

Picture021Medium.jpg

then just polish up untill they sanding marks have gone

Picture024Medium.jpg

Picture023Medium.jpg

C3 LJG

Serial Speeder
Dec 23, 2003
Chandlers Ford
www.cardomain.com
cheers for the help, I'll take a trip to halfords tonight, just got to decide if half and half or all red would look better on a blue cupra

No probs, if you go all red just tint one side of the standard lights to see what it looks like. You can take the tint sray off again with nail varnish remover ;)

The other option is to just remove the orange lense inside the standard lights so they are red a clear and use chrome indicator bulbs, dosn't sound much but makes a huge difference to the look of them.

shantybeater

loving the whoosh
Sep 28, 2007
Bournemouth & Brighton
I was wondering whether I could do the standard lights but not sure i will get the same effect, plus wouldnt it end up uneven because of the white reverse light part?

I'm glad i can get the paint off easily, is that even after laquer?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.