Spraying my mk4 wheels

Alex 17

No Smoke No Poke
Aug 17, 2008
Bedale - North yorkshire
Right after looking for wheels for a while i have given in, And am now looking at getting mine sprayed. Im thinking anthrice??

I havent seen my alloys at all yet on another mk4.. but if anyone has them on there mk4 in black or any other colour could you post them?

IphonePictures068.jpg

IphonePictures075.jpg

What do you guys think ? Im not sure if they will look .. Crap if i get them done..

Anyone have input towards what i should do or what colour, If anyones a dab hand with paintshop feal free too have a bash,
Also check out my car thread in the readers rides section if you need more pictures or whatever .
Thanks in advance ,
Alex,

Last edited:

Aimez

If you are on a budget then do em but personally I am not a fan of them standard wheels and think you may get them done but wish you had got others instead. Post that pic in the photoshop sections I'm sure someone will sort it for you.

Alex 17

No Smoke No Poke
Aug 17, 2008
Bedale - North yorkshire
Well im not a fan of them either.. But thats what they came with ;( , I want new ones but im so picky , And would like too keep saveing for a new car when im 18..

Only wheels i really like are the kei fin 7's 700 quid! , And octy vrs alloys.. i can get a set of ebay for 300 quid but then i need wheels and a respray..

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
I think they look fine as they are. Something different. If you did spray them a dark colour it'd make them look smaller.

What about spraying them white? Might make them appear bigger

Red Rum

Using "the fuel of Satan"
Jun 29, 2007
Durham
Yeh vRS wheels are expensive as the standard tyres are too fat. Aftermarket wheels do not fair well being powdercoated if you were considering that, the way the company I went to really do not like doing them.

If i went to a company and they said they didnt like spraying aftermarket wheels i wouldnt let them take the dustcaps off, never mind spray them. Some cheaper aftermarket wheels are a bit pants when it comes to quality, but its not enough to warrent any problems. Me thinks they like cutting corners.;)

Aimez

If i went to a company and they said they didnt like spraying aftermarket wheels i wouldnt let them take the dustcaps off, never mind spray them. Some cheaper aftermarket wheels are a bit pants when it comes to quality, but its not enough to warrent any problems. Me thinks they like cutting corners.;)

Why would it mean that they cut corners? They did not say they did not do them just that they get a longer life on standard wheels. They do not spray they are powdercoated so maybe some cheap wheels do not stand up to powder coating? The place I went to are experts in wheels that is all they do they do wheels for Porche Sussex so can't be that bad and did a great job on mine.

dannyboy89

ive got some newly powdercoated black tsw's for sale if you want em :)
they look better than standard wheels but i like the idea of rims :D

Nov 25, 2007
Derby
i painted my standard wheels

DSC01606.jpg

DSC01589.jpg

done them all now and have 20mm spacers on rear and my mirror backs are the same coloure has my wheels.

dannyboy89

they look awsome
im thinking of getting doing the same thing with my standard wheels
i dont like my 17s look a bit too much i think

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.