Basildon, Essex
Finally got them on last saturday...

18" Golf R32 Replicas

DSCF1046.jpg

DSCF1043.jpg

DSCF1044.jpg

DSCF1042.jpg

DSCF1047.jpg

I love them, think they really suit the car...just a shame about the tyres that came with part of the package, they suck so hard :(

They will be perfect when I get new tyres on them but at the moment they do the job

So guys what do you think :)

Neil

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
again look okay but a bit max powerish for me....

as said lose the tyres, sell them while there new and look at faalken 452s, 60 quid a corner and very good...

Murdered LCR

Wide mouthed mofo
Sep 9, 2006
Murder Inc.
hmmm i gotta sayi dont like the wheels but then again i dont like many multi spoke wheels.. prob would look alot better all dimond cut and black inserts

Soundwave

Aug 18, 2007
Basildon, Essex
Bums :(

There was me thinking they looked good ;) lol

To be honest the pics dont do them much justice they do look better in the flesh IMO.
When I originally saw them in pictures I wasnt a fan but when I saw them in store in the flesh I thought they looked awesome & was the reason I went for them.

James,

I'm planning a change of tyre to either Falken 452's or ZE912's (See my tyre thread from yesterday ;))

Danny,

I'm off to AMD in a couple of weeks time to look at getting it lower slightly if possible.
Before I looked at the pics I thought the 30mm drop on the AP Coilovers was enough but now I'm not so sure.
I dont want to go too low because it's a daily driver & round my way the council has gone mental with Speed Bumps so dont want it to cause to many problems for driving it.

Anyway thanks for the opinions guys :)

Neil

Soundwave

Aug 18, 2007
Basildon, Essex
Nice!!!!!:clap:

Thank you :)

I know what you mean with the speedbumps same round my way, you can always find your perfect height by playing around with the coilovers,to find a happy medium of stance and practicality

I'm deffinitley going to have a word with AMD about possibly dropping the front slightly...not sure on the rear though as I already have a ton of sub box in the boot & putting people in the back can cause some nocking from the exhaust so not convinced it should go any lower, but I'll get them to have a look anyway :)

Neil

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
I think they looks good. Can the car be lowered a little Neil?

As its got a polished face make sure you don't use any acidic wheel cleaners. In fact just use soap and water. If they do get really mucky and get tar on them PM me so I can advise. You sealed them already havent you?

I hope the car is just dirty in those pics? :mad:

Last edited:

af1

Feb 17, 2008
faalken 452s are £60 a corner?!? ***
i have some scudo scuderias or whatever they are called on mine and they were £60 a corner and seem to slip at every junction.

cupra.rich

Dec 20, 2008
i have the michelin pilot sports with only a few mm of tread left and they are amzing for grip!

Soundwave

Aug 18, 2007
Basildon, Essex
I hope the car is just dirty in those pics? :mad:

You honestly dont want to know Maz :cry::cry::cry:

I had just cleaned it before I took the pics...so difficult without a hose & just watering cans to rinse before & after :( :(
The roads round here are a bloody state...the film of grime that is on the car by the end of the week is nothing short of disgusting :(

Havent sealed them yet...just waiting for the Wheel Guard to arrive.

As for lowering...I'm hoping the front can come down a few more mm but I'll have to wait & hear what AMD say before I do try anything.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise