Random beeping noise

Copy_That

Hi all, just bought an 03 Ibiza 1.2 S and its a fab car. Got a few niggles but I blame that more on the dealers not checking it than the car itself - good job I have some time off work to get it sorted under warranty...

Just a quick question; every so often I hear a random beeping noise, just a single beep - sounds a bit like the 'seatbelt sign' noise who get on airplanes. What does it mean? No warning lights come on that I can see and its got nearly a full tank of fuel. The previous owner didn't supply the manual and the internet doesn't seem to have the answer...

Cheers :-D

Torquemonster

Nov 20, 2007
:) Sounds like your low outside temp warning.Comes on your display at 4 degrees and below.With a little snow symbol.

Copy_That

Well! Would never have guessed I got a warning about outside temp!! Has been cold recently though. Will check the temp gauge next time it beeps at me - thanks guys!!

tkjeeves

Blue
Jul 13, 2008
oxford
"Yes i know its cold outside, how did i manage to get in the car?!?!" and "Yes I know its freezing, the ABS just avoided me from skidding into the ditch from that ice patch" come to mind

ettlz

Sep 21, 2006
The radio's beep sounds most like the aircraft passenger attention ping, but the beep is probably just the ice warning. I think the petrol beep is slightly higher-pitched (and rather premature, mine goes off at the last 1/8 of a tank).

That said, sometimes the Ibiza's dash will beep at you for no apparent reason whatsoever.

Vivid

I hate the temp beep it isnt necessary.
Took me long anough to adjust to the "AAAH what.?" beep you get when your low on fuel

Plus my indicator never cancels itself on my driveway as the corner is too light so i open the door and BEEP!

Last edited by a moderator:

halftone

May 15, 2008
Dudley, West Midlands
Im almost certain my low fuel beep is exactly the same as the ice warning one.

I almost **** a brick when i had the louder beep which meant i had left my indicator on the first time !

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.