Incorrect flow detected

snipaz

Jun 17, 2006
Yes yes, its been talked about endlessly on this forum, and the secondary air pump, removal and bypassing etc etc but i have this issue, and it bugs.
Ive read about people having this issue when they have the pump etc etc installed and most people say it could be a hose thats split etc etc.
Thing is my pump has been removed, hoses and all and its been blanked off with a forge blanking plate, im thinking that the resistor could have blown that was installed? i also read that the plug from the secondary air pump should be kept and plugged in to fool the ECU, i dont think i have that? could that be the proplem? can i buy just a plug from somewhere and plug it in and try to clear the fault again?
Sorry like i say i know this has been talked about at length but none of it answers my specific question?

What would you do? cheers in advance.....i love my car to bits but this is fricking annoying!! :(

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
My theory:

I get this - I believe the ecu runs the secondary air pump at other times than at cold - in order to help burn of fumes from the evap. I guess it's trying to detect a condition at the lambda, and when it doesn't see it, it throws the incorrect flow code.

I regularly get it after a run of 10-20 minutes, when the car is warmed up - when sitting idling at a roundabout or traffic light. (I have no sec air / evap - I have resistors - Leon 1.8T)

ttothec

Apr 20, 2006
Reading
I have removed the SAI and I also get the "SAI incorrect flow detected" fault now and then...

I only seem to get it when I start the car from cold (totally cold eg been left over night) and I do not move it for a minute or two (let it sit and idle)... if I start the car and get moving straight away I do not seem to get the fault

Initially I had the plug to the SAI disconnected (because the SAI is not there) but with the plug left intact... got the errors

I have now removed the plug and fitted the resistor... still get the errors

Next I am going to try removing the resistor and and have the wires connected... to see if this solves the problem.

I have a Scangauge II and it only takes 10 secs to clear the code when it comes up.

I'll keep you posted with how I get on removing the resistor

snipaz

Jun 17, 2006
Thanks to all 3 of you, interesting but still annoying lol, ill wait to see how you get on ttothec, i suppose short of all this putting the SAI back on would solve it in the long run?
Thing is when i clear the fault it comes back within 20 mins every time, do you guys get longer periods without the light coming back on?

Last edited:

ttothec

Apr 20, 2006
Reading
Thing is when i clear the fault it comes back within 20 mins every time, do you guys get longer periods without the light coming back on?

I very rarely get the error... maybe only once every 2-3 months. When I do get it I clear it and its gone, prob wont see it again for ages

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.