Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Damo, Did you manage to get that diagram / picture?

I tryed mate but one of the wires is stuck behinde the head unit and I could'nt realy be arsed to take it out as its a PITA to get it back in propery.

I basicaly just tapped off the head unit wiring.

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
UPDATE : Grill & Brace

Bought myself a FK badgeless grill at the weekend and got that mounted:
25012009458.jpg

Also bought myself a SeatSport Strut brace
25012009459.jpg

Decided that i am going to attack my engine cover with some paint, so then i removed that
25012009460.jpg

Also, managed to get a pic of the water beading (great stuff victoria wax concours) :D

25012009457.jpg

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
Having big problems painting my engine cover.

I think that i am not leaving enough time between coats.

Am going to buy some stripper, get it back down to plastic and then start all over again (for the second time :cry: )

Breezapom

mk4 ibiza fr 20vt
Jan 12, 2006
Hampshire
if you could get a picture of behind your head unit i would be able to tell you what wires to tap into (bottom connection )as been said i dont want to take mine out as the wires were cut short so its also a PITA to sort out

george130

Mar 6, 2008
Norfolk
Having big problems painting my engine cover.

I think that i am not leaving enough time between coats.

Am going to buy some stripper, get it back down to plastic and then start all over again (for the second time :cry: )

Hi, very tidy ibiza :)
This paint problem - are you finding the paint isn't drying properly? Like, a crap, matt effect? As I had this problem with painting my brakes a few weeks ago... I asked the paint shop if something was wrong and they said its the moisture in the cold air! So i'll be leaving it till summer.

Breezapom

mk4 ibiza fr 20vt
Jan 12, 2006
Hampshire
right now you have them out if you get your gauge and put the wires in to the top two holes (top Left) and the first one bellow it (Left side) of the plug that sits in the very bottom

i think mine was

Black/ Red
Yellow

but its only 3 wires on mine??

B R
[][][][]
[]
Y

BKR

TorqueDefinesIntelligence
Jul 15, 2008
Grimsby
as a recomendation i wouldnt cut them i would go out to halfords and buy an extention unit, just so as ur not fuc**ng up the original wireing in the car, that way if you get it wrong then you get a second chance at it

kenny_fr

Sep 19, 2007
Glasgow
Have to agree wouldnt touch the original wiring wont cost much for the
adapter and then you can always cop into it and still have the original cables
sorted.

Breezapom

mk4 ibiza fr 20vt
Jan 12, 2006
Hampshire
i just used a clip that joins the 2 together then if removed there is no need to fiddle about with sorting the wires