Remap!

luggs

im so unsure what do to!

I pick up my 56 plate Leon FR TDI 170 on Monday

my mate has a ibiza tdi 130 and got his mapped and its rapid!

ive heard mixed views from different places and people regarding mapping this car.

Im looking to spend no more the £400 for a remap but i want something thats not gonna give me problems.

any ideas?

The guy at revo said he wouldnt map the leon coz of problems. The guy at dtuk said he doesnt touch them because they have dodgey diesel injectors or sumthing along them lines.

so now im undecided!

Please help.

Peter

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
By the way you could always give these people a try:

http://www.p-torque.co.uk/

I haven't used them, but one of the guys posts quite a bit on the TT forum and they seem to know their stuff, they have just developed on my the engine in my TT and looking on the site have something for your car.

Aug 5, 2008
Derby
By the way you could always give these people a try:

http://www.p-torque.co.uk/

I haven't used them, but one of the guys posts quite a bit on the TT forum and they seem to know their stuff, they have just developed on my the engine in my TT and looking on the site have something for your car.

I had a new re-map for my old Cupra from Performance Talk last year and it was so fast and smooth. I would recomened P.T to anybody that is looking for a new map.
But i'm not sure with diesel cars.

This is P.T's number and ask for a guy called Will. 01902324584
He knows his stuff big time and he should be able to put you in the right direction.

Hope all goes well Chris...

Balders

Superchips bluefin

I went with the superchips bluefin remap purchased in Jan, I haven't remapped a car before so read lots of reviews before I purchased and whilst the bluefin remap doesn't give you the bhp that others do it is easy to install, relaible and has been tested/developed for best part of two years now. I've run it for two months now with no problems and a lot more fun!

I believe they started of at around 240bhp but due to problems with DPF's nailed it down to 197bhp with a very positive torque increase. In terms of driveability the difference is noticeable immediatley the car was no slouch before but it feels seriously quick now and flies in all gears, the extra grunt does mean that the traction control light gets a lot of use and wheel spin in 4th in the wet is kinda fun at first!!

Bluefin run offers most months and in Dec/Jan they ran a 20% off deal which meant that it cost £399. I have to say it is worth every penny. One of my issues with the FR TDI when I bought it was that no matter how gently I drove I couldnt get any more than 36 - 38 mpg, so I just drove it like I stole it and settled for 34-35mpg!! Now on a long motorway run I can get 47-50mpg (seriously) and generally somewhere between 38-42mpg doing speeds of 70-110mph). I dont know how they've done it but it kinda furstrating that you can get all this extra performance and ecomony and Seat couldn't do this in the first place?!

Figures of the Bluefin site:

Seat Leon TDI:

2006 onwards
Engine type : Turbo-Diesel
Engine size : 1968 cm3
Cylinders : 4
Original bhp : 170
Original nm : 350
BHP increase : 27
NM gain : 77
Lb/Ft gain : 57

:clap:

AndyHazza

Ex-Awesome GTi Staff
Mar 30, 2005
Bolton
www.awesome-gti.co.uk
I know quite a few people aren't offering maps for the 170's for reasons linked to the DPF's etc, as long as they arent pushed too much they are normally ok. The only thing with the 170's is that they do not see as much of an over all increase as the 140's do in our experience. Normally 190-195 is about the most i'd expect from a standard car with standard exhaust etc. I would be extremely surprised to see a car be able to make up to 240bhp!!!:think:

All our diesel maps are done on our rolling road, so you will get a before and after print out to show what gains you have made, and the difference across the whole of the rev range, not just peak power. Also we do not alter any parametres below 50% throttle, this helps keep your economy when just tootling on light throttle. Our remaps are priced at £402.50 inc VAT (previuosly £574 inc VAT!!!)

Haddock

Burning Oil @ 140
Mar 19, 2006
Yorkshire
I went the Superchips Bluefin route too... Couldnt be happier...

As with all the remaps on this engine, the top end is limited to keep the exhaust temps down - so the peak power output doesent do the improvement justice..

Chris

luggs

no he didnt say what problems but i was sumthing to do with the diesel injectors.

what bhp is the most sum1 has got with the standard engine. remap? with any other mods?

Daveb77

Mar 19, 2008
Alright bud,

I got a Custom Code remap on my fr tdi (56 plate) about 15K ago and as said above, such a noticable difference throughout all gears. I get the occasional DPF regen cycle but so will all FR TDI's. Never once had DPF light come on though, touch wood of course! The remap was like getting a new car, no joke. I dont know what my BHP actually went up too (or from for that matter...) but the car is so so rapid and strong... Power is there all way up to 5K revs (plenty of wheels spin though so do have to be light in 1st / 2nd most times)I do a mixture of motorway, A roads and B roads each day and my motor never fails to make me smile with total satisfaction... I wouldnt get too bogged down with peak BHP figures, the way the car drives is superb and i for one think the power is enough. Never driven a cupra though and can only think how the remapped gloss mirrored boys love there Leons. My remapped TDI is so so good though and should defo be this way out of the box...

Could not rec a remap enough and my only expereience is with CCode so same rules with their map too!

D

Last edited by a moderator:

thestonegate

Dan & Khym
I had a 08 plate Leon FR TDi 170ps and had it remapped for 6 months from CUSTOM CODE, a stage one, which I was told put it to 220ps - very fast mate...

It was excellent on mpg - on a good run I got 72mpg! (Averaged - not actual!) and the power was also there when you wanted to have a little fun, and still I got 45mpg!

What a laff it was...

Custom-Code HQ

Hi Luggs,

We can do you a Custom-Code Phase 1 Remap for £362.25inc Vat, this also includes a 30% discount off RRP (£517.00inc Vat), we can also offer you a mobile tuning service where we can come to either your place of work or home at a cost of £414.00inc Vat, this also includes a 20% discount off the RRP.

If you require any more information or in regards to a booking then please call us on 01246 455004.

http://www.custom-code.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1605&Itemid=194

Regards

Nino

Custom-code Team.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.