XE LED's - Dont bother buying them

Jace

Sneaker Freaker
I've put together this post as I feel others should be aware :banned:

Like many, I was attracted to the "Brightest LED's" being sold by SCN member XE

Built in resistors, they didnt get hot & shone brilliant white, the splurge said.

So I sold my PIAA Led's to another member (which got lost in the post[:@]) & bought a set of these.

I had to wait 6 weeks for them to arrive, got them fitted & a few days later noticed they were flickering, which for £55 I wasnt too happy about.

However, upon closer inspection, they werent just flickering they were burning out !!!!!!

So in effect, my car could have caught fire due to an electrical fault :(

XE it seems has disapeared from the face of the earth, his last corrispondance was over a month ago & he point blank refused to issue a refund, only a replacement set (yea like I'm trusting them:think:)

I know of several other members who have had the same experiance as me, so its just not a one off.

XELED1.jpg

XELED2.jpg

XELED3.jpg

XELED4.jpg

XELED5.jpg

Live & learn from my misfortunes

Last edited:

Daffy

Detail Wizard
May 29, 2007
Thats terrible and luckily you and the car survived a potentially fatal accident.

clarkeg

Jul 27, 2008
Armagh, N. Ireland
Flip thats not good, glad you put a post up, even if this is only one faulty set in a whole batch it still doesn't say a lot about them. As for the price I think XE is taking the p*ss but thats just my personal opinion

Thanks for the heads up

andycupra

status subject to change
Its a real shame, i was guilty some time ago of thinking that forum members selling to other forum members was a fairly safe way to go about things, but ive learn a few times that its no safer than buying from strangers.
So please be careful people and if not 100% sure go to a well known shop / outlet.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
Its a real shame, i was guilty some time ago of thinking that forum members selling to other forum members was a fairly safe way to go about things, but ive learn a few times that its no safer than buying from strangers.
So please be careful people and if not 100% sure go to a well known shop / outlet.

also the main reason the classifieds and group buys are moderated

May 25, 2008
S.Wales
www.seatcupra.net
I also had the same set and pm'd the other buyers about this because they were bloody expensive and took forever to arrive when they worked it was fantastic but this did not like long so am using piaas now

i thought as a SEAT owner you can trust on others to make sure the product you get is at A standards and this don't come close ...and a small note when they are off they look crap so i won't bother just get some piaas if your doing your likes up do it right...

I was persistant with my pms with XE and got my refund I hope the others have recieved theres too

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
i know led's are probably the cleanest but if its white and reliability you are after i have always used the mk3 R sidelight (501)

very faint blue glass but glows very white - not led of course - but pretty damn close and fit right either way same as standard bulb with no worries

N01775310 x2

i have ordered em before from vw/seat/skoda before now

would still be using em now if my twins hadn't had a different fitting

Jan 18, 2007
West Of London
It looks like the LED's have been configured to be fed with too much current to make sure the warning light was not tripped. Shame he could not post up the amount of current required so that we could put something else together that would be able to make use of the current safely.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Xe has now been banned, with the caveat that he contacts admin to explain himself. Upto him if he want to make things right, but until there is some resolution he is now banned from the forum.

I'll add that he circumvented our rules and people sadly trusted him, and this is the reason we are so strict with what is offered for sale on our website!

We do our upmost to protect people from being scammed but we are not responsible should you choose to buy from someone who can not be verified. Buyer Beware!!

Last edited:

RickyD1975

Audi A6 2.0TDI 170 S-Line
Jan 2, 2008
North East
I'm glad I didn't buy them as I nearly did, although the cost put me off. I would rather pay the extra for the PIAA one's which will have had a lot of R&D spent on developing them. Also by using the PIAA one's there's little risk of your car developing an electrical fault.

fl1nty360

would be interesting to see XE's response if he is ever heard of again...

just glad the OP car never caught fire...