The Western Europe maps DVD V4(Rns510)

webhype

Mar 30, 2008
Wakefield
www.8baller.co.uk
Yes but surley the people having issues are the ones trying to download maps and install dodgy copies? surely an official dvd from vw would be fine?

Id like to know about whos having problems, and how there trying to install the new maps?

Dec 15, 2007
South East London
Yes but surley the people having issues are the ones trying to download maps and install dodgy copies? surely an official dvd from vw would be fine?

Id like to know about whos having problems, and how there trying to install the new maps?

There are A units and B units, the new firmware apparently gives most of the new features from the B unit on the old A unit.

Im running 1020 firmware on an A unit with V3 maps inc extras (thanks to NickP) and all running perfect, so I will let the guinea pigs take the risk before I change anything!

Have a look on VWNavi forum you can find out loads of info on there :D

tommy-cupra

Jan 31, 2006
Prague, Czech republic
I also dont know where is some difference between A or B versions, all works same to me. If you will download somewhere maps or you will have copy its not problem for unit, it will just make a upgrade on hardisk, but be careful with sw upgrades. older units have wrong part on mainboards and units died very offen.

i dont have v4 maps yet, but i can make copy after i will got it.

182blue

Feb 10, 2005
I also dont know where is some difference between A or B versions, all works same to me. If you will download somewhere maps or you will have copy its not problem for unit, it will just make a upgrade on hardisk, but be careful with sw upgrades. older units have wrong part on mainboards and units died very offen.

i dont have v4 maps yet, but i can make copy after i will got it.

i will have one please :D , ps how do we know if we have wrong board for the SW upgrade

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.