MDI Media in Install + iPod

NickP

Apr 23, 2003
Colchester, Essex
Visit site
Today I manage to finish off my install -
I'd already installed the new wiring harness last weekend, but need to run a software update on the MFD3 to get things working properly :)

IMG_5741-vi.jpg

Took around 50 mins
IMG_5742-vi.jpg

Now my ipod appears on the MFD3
IMG_5744-vi.jpg

Fully browsable
IMG_5747-vi.jpg

IMG_5748-vi.jpg

Software upgrade gives the unit some nice new touches too - easily able to check hard disk space on the unit etc :)
IMG_5746-vi.jpg

Now I just need to get my upgraded V3 map with speed cameras loaded on and jobs a good 'un ;)

MarkE

Acceptable in the 80s
Jul 20, 2003
Lancaster
www.markeaston.org
That does look nice - one of the things that had previously been putting me off the MFD3 was the amount of iTunes DRMed music I've got (much more than I could be bothered burning to a CD and then ripping again so that I could load it onto the MFD3 HDD).

MitraShark

Jul 6, 2006
Hi! Can you upload the software update of the mfd3 and the V3 maps? The maps are for all Europe or just UK?

Thanks!

Icehquk

Jun 22, 2007
Staffs
I have an 07 leon and must be the unit before this one I hate it. Poor graphics, colours suck, can't load anything into it, have to have the nav cd in to use sat nav, basically a waste of money so glad to see they have pulled there finger out looks loads better now!
I'll just have to stop teasing myself and looking at the newer system :whistle: I'd expected more from vag when I ordered it really should have done my homework and often find myself using my tom tom it's that bad :lol:

Simon_Peters

2008 Leon Fr TFSI & 01 R6
Apr 11, 2007
Weston-Super-Mare
That looks wicked Nick.:D

I so want to do this in mine, i miss my old FR with the MFD2 in it so would love one of those.

Could you list what you needed and a rough cost of the unit and parts if possible. Anyone know how much a mfd3 in either vw or seat is going for?

Many thanks,
Si

Slickline

Updated firmware seems to add some nice touches -

..this is the same unit i have although i don't have the compass and speed camera info on it. Does this come with the updated firmware and where is the best place to get this update from....the stealer???

NickP

Apr 23, 2003
Colchester, Essex
Visit site
does any 1 know if the SEAT or vw sat nav units have pre outs?

Not as far as I know..

Simon_Peters said:
That looks wicked Nick.

I so want to do this in mine, i miss my old FR with the MFD2 in it so would love one of those.

Could you list what you needed and a rough cost of the unit and parts if possible. Anyone know how much a mfd3 in either vw or seat is going for?

Many thanks,
Si
The Mdi Kit and Ipod lead work out at around £140 - the going rate for MFD's from the right sources seems to be around 1,000 Euros - dealers list at around £1,500

Slickline said:
Updated firmware seems to add some nice touches -

..this is the same unit i have although i don't have the compass and speed camera info on it. Does this come with the updated firmware and where is the best place to get this update from....the stealer???

Compass etc is enabled when you upgrade firmware to 1020/1024 which is available for download in quite a few places if you search

The speed cameras are as a result of a manually burnt & altered map DVD with the POI's burnt on and reprogrammed :)